How has weight loss affected your bra size?

huk945

I’m curious to know what changes in breast size some of y’all have seen since losing weight.

I’ve also had large breasts despite a 5’1 frame. I started regularly attending spin class and strength training since the end of January, combined with CICO, cutting alcohol and getting 7-8 hours of sleep. I’ve gone from 180 to 147 lbs as of today — but I still remain a 34G. I’m pushing to reach 120 by the end of the year, ideally.

How did losing weight affect your breast size? How many pounds did you lose before you started to notice a difference — particularly for those of you who naturally carry a lot of fat in that area as well?

@huk945 Went from a 34D cup at 125lb to a 32B at 105... noticed weightlifting helped a lot with reducing sagginess from weight loss! I actually lost my boobs pretty gradually, when I was losing like 1lb a week (from very unhealthy eating) I lost my boobs last

@huk945 i read somewhere it depends on what type of fat tissue your breasts are made of. if it’s fat tissue like the rest of your body it will certainly be lost if you’re in a deficit. if it’s specific breast fat it will stay for the most part.

@huk945 I lost about 40 pounds, and 6 inches around my bust. I had a measurement of 37 around my bust when I started my journey and now it measures 31 inches around. RIP boobs. I was a G cup before, and now I’m a C cup. But honestly I don’t mind it! They looked really sad while I was losing weight but now that I’m maintaining they look a lot better and I think they suit me more.

@huk945 Totally killed mine 😟. I’ve had a lot of ups and downs from having 2 kiddos but I went from like 180 to 147 to now 127 and i just cleaned out my 36DDD and 34G and I’m buying 36D or 34DD or even a 36C. I’m the smallest I’ve ever been by far and this is the smartest my girls have been too.

@huk945 At my highest of 175lbs, I had 34DDD.

At my lowest which was 134lbs, I was 34C which is where I've stayed despite gaining about 10lbs since.

My breasts sag a bit now. But I'm also two years older and I've stopped the hormonal birth control I had been on most of my life. I'm also 5'1" and have a larger frame in general.

For me, I think around 150 I needed to decrease my bra size. My weight has been kind of yo-yoing recently due to several vacations and holidays all planned around the same time. I was back at 155lbs a few months ago and noticed the band was getting a bit tight - had to go up a couple notches but never had to buy a new bra.

@huk945 The closer I got to my goal weight the smaller I became in both band and cup size. My sports bra is now an XS DD. I was a 34G and now a 32D and likely to be a C by December if this keeps up. My 32 band is a little big too. 161lbs to 113 plus bodybuilding.

@huk945 I was a 34G and after losing 45 pounds, I’m a 34DDD. I’m at about 160 now and I didn’t notice any fit issues until the last 10 pounds or so.

@huk945 5’2” here. Went from 40B at 189lbs to 34D (or 32DD) at 128lbs. They are quite saggy now, and I’m looking into getting a lift, but not for another year or so.

@huk945 About 5’0 and went from 142lbs (34H) to 125lbs and still wearing same bra size. There’s a little room in my cups but not enough to warrant new bras. Hoping the last 5-10 lbs will get me down a bit.

@huk945 Been on a diet since September but have only been tracking my measurements the last twelve weeks. I've lost more on my band measurement (-0.86") than on my bust measurement (-0.46") in that time, with a little over six pounds lost (from 27.4% to 23.3% body fat, according to the Navy method). I got fit for a 34DD in March and will be getting refit in probably about a month as I am two pounds from my goal weight. Hoping for a solid D cup. They look smaller but I like how they look more.

@tracerenae 32DDD can be found through Aerie I’m fairly sure, that’s where I got many bras as a 32DD. I’ve also found this size through several brands at Macy’s (Calvin Klein, Wacoal), and Nordstrom has many brands with this size.

@huk945 At my heaviest (180lbs) I measured to a 34H/34I, and I suffered in extremely ill fitting bras because selections in stores was limited. I was a teenager, 15 or 16.

At my lowest weight (110/115lbs) I wore a 30DD. I was 22.

I’ve since stopped wearing real bras. I settled in a 32DD at most healthy weights, but there is too much fluctuation between weight changes, bloating, etc. I just wear bralettes, bramis, and similar stretchy crop tops in sizes XS and S.

@huk945 I've done the up-down of about 15lbs for the past 6 years or so and never saw my bra size decrease (34DD). I would always do cardio and light weights. This year, I switched to weightlifting, focusing more on upping my gains. In the past 2 months I've dropped down to a 34C. Still not sure how I feel about it yet.