How to manage work and muscle soreness and fatigue?

@ohyoupokedme When I started eating a post workout protein bar/ shake it made a BIG difference. Especially being smaller. I just wasn't getting enough in my normal diet.

@ohyoupokedme I am about 4 months in to working out like 6 days a week. I had some agonizing soreness in the first month from not working out in forever, and then month 2 it was less of that and more just general soreness after each workout. Month 3-4 has been a time where I've really hit a good stride in less soreness everyday.

I would really recommend cold plunging and sauna if you can take the heat/cold which help me a lot with the soreness. Would also recommend a theragun if it's in your budget and some icy hot.

@ohyoupokedme I get stuck on this!

I got a new bed and it also massages.

Massaging and yoga are the only things to make it manageable. You also might need to workout less during the week.

@ohyoupokedme It’s called DOMS & it sucks. Look it up. It’s totally normal. I’ve been working out for 10+ years & I still sometimes get it bad. Obviously work out other parts of your body for those 2-3 days if you have it bad. I take Rx Motrin or regular Advil, I use Bio-freeze, DEEP by Do Terra & tiger balm. Basically icy hot. I also constantly massage my sore muscles. Really all of this is just a bandaid & to keep our sanity while suffering. Lol. Keep it up though, it’s a good thing!!! Keep working out!

@sistercharity God I feel you I’ve been working out but the last month I’ve been pushing myself a lot harder with HIIT workouts not that I need it because I am lean but everything god damn hurts my glutes, my butt, shoulders, neck and my pec muscles under my armpit specifically my left one. Do you feel like fatigued wiped out almost as if it’s flu like? It’s so annoying

@fortmyersjoe Yes. I work out 5 days a week, sometimes 2 times a day. I’m always fatigued!! And sore! And every month without fail I get a faint injury that lasts a good 3 weeks. Right now it’s a ligament in my elbow… so doing any strenuous arm movement (which I do 24/7) sucks. 2 months ago it was my groin, I pulled. That was fun & the month before was my neck, before that my left wrist. the list goes on & on. I’m a walking disaster. I have the worst luck. But I refuse to stop working out. I’m old!!! LOL! 😫 I’m 47, I box, go to the gym, & have a personal trainer, but I want to look good (or try to) So yeah LMAO- it’s sucks!

@ohyoupokedme Everyone’s gonna tell you the basic stuff drink water get plenty of sleep, make sure you have enough sodium and potassium blah blah blah but if you want to be better or at least better than your opponents, you need to start using Lactigo. Google them into money well spent. It’s the best thing on the market and it works so good they haven’t really spent any money on marketing it’s all word-of-mouth.

@ohyoupokedme A 1 hour circuit doesn't mean anything, amrap style doesn't mean anything, and the two aren't connected at all.

It would be more useful if you posted the detail of what you do, and what your nutrition and general recovery is

@ohyoupokedme Soreness will go away if you repeat the same stuff, that is our in-built mechanism called repeated bout effect.

Tiredness and fatigue can come from weight training and that is normal. If someone tells you “morning training are energizing me” that is equivalent to “I go to the gym to waste time”.

Now doing AMRAP circuit style training, that is crazy taxing on your body even if it is done 3 times.

Again there is no cure for that, you can have a power nap mid day but exercise fatigues your nervous system and there is no way around it.

I don’t really know your goals so I can’t really advise but all of the things you listed is completely normal and the soreness will be the only thing going away, the rest won’t.