Interested to know what splits you guys are running with atm

@calidan For about 3 months now, I’m really liking it. It incorporates heavy duty training which basically means prioritizing intensity over volume. I tend do to no more than 3 sets per excersise, sometimes even just 2 (1-2 warm up sets and 1 working set going to failure). I find it very enjoyable and gainz have been solid.

@bogdanpnw Chest and arms
Back and shoulders
Legs
Repeat with B variations

I like training arms together and doing a 3 way split. I typically run it 3 on 1 off or if something pops up in life then I just take a rest day. I do like an Arnold split but I find it hard to do chest and back on the same day so i feel this split gives me the best of both worlds of training arms together and training chest and back separately.

@bogdanpnw Torso / Limbs, 4x a week, 21-24 sets each workout, 1h15-30. 8 months so far on this split, currently designing the third iteration of the program for january. I am very fond of it so far, I could not imagine training differently.

@arctangent It is a matter of exercise selection (SFR) and ordering. I usually do 6 sets per muscle group, 9 for some on certain day. I alternate between muscle groups during a workout. A good mix of compounds and isolations. It sounds like a lot, but you get used to it, I would not do more than that.

Limbs day exemple:
  • Smith Machine Hack squat
  • Ez-bar cable curl SS Triceps Pushdown
  • RDLs
  • Skullcrushers
  • Incline Curl
  • Leg extension SS Leg Curl
  • Abdo SS Reverse Curl