Bodyweight strength training programs in Google Sheets with videos & progression guides included - 2-4x week Fullbody, Upper/lower and bodypart splits

@icemasterpt Thank you so much! I’ve been lurking for a while on this community. After using the RR and off through the pandemic, I have refocused on the RR in the last 6 weeks and have noticed tremendous progress. This will help!

@icemasterpt Thank you so much for this. Most of the time these types of routines are all subscription-based and cost money. The fact that you're releasing this makes many people happy I'm sure.

I haven't been doing bodyweight workouts for too long so I am not accustomed to the best amount of intensity that is necessary for hypertrophy. Is there any percentage of weight I should add or amount of reps I should do before failure to build muscle?

@asmodea If you are training with lower reps lets say in the range of 4-10reps its good to leave a few reps in the tank on the first and second set. Third set is usually all out effort like 8 reps, 7reps and 7 reps.

If you are working with lighter weights and higher rep range 12-20reps for example it is better to train to muscular failure to recruit the muscle fibres fully in a set. Then on the following sets you will be able to perform less reps. So the three sets would turn out something like 16reps, 13reps, 12reps.

According to research a wide range works. Here is a good presentation by James Krieger I found https://www.lts.fi/media/lts_kuntot...rieger_sunnuntai_esitys2_materiaalikansio.pdf

@icemasterpt Thank you! I've been looking for quite a while as to how many reps I should do in correlation to intensity. Your work is great, keep doing what makes you happy since evidently, it makes others happy.

@icemasterpt Thank you so much! Between nursing school, work, parenting and my gym being closed, this is a great tool so I can get organized and get a flow/routine going with what equipment I do have at home and BW.

@hollowbodyblues Bodyweight strength training is great for that. Basically you can run any weights program as long as you select exercises that produce a similar movement pattern and load. (not to include barbell only specific movements such as heavy squats, deadlifts and olympic lifts etc.) Working out from home helps you to get through the early years of parenting with great physical condition. Also it saves time that can be spent with family and friends.

@icemasterpt Okay, this is probably a really basic question, but as a beginner... which routine do I choose? Like, the 2-day full body routine, 2-day split, etc.? I'd ideally like to do three or four days doing strength training. Thanks!

@asjoe I would select a program based on lifestyle. Lets say you want to train 4 days a week but in a long run you are able to workout only 3 days a week consistently (skipping leg days due to work, study etc.). You would had been better off selecting that 3 day routine instead of 4 day routine where you ended up skipping days.

So usually its something like the number of days you think you can workout minus one day.

3-day bodypart split or full body 3x a week could be a good starting point. Workout days would be non-consecutive days for example mon, wed, friday/saturday

Running a 3x fullbody routine in a way that you do at least 2 workouts a week + optional 3rd day if you have time/energy is one option. It gives some flexibility to your schedule and lets you move around the workout days freely without much penalty.

2-day routines have a bit more work per session than 3-day routines so they might be tough. But you can reduce the number of sets if its too much.

Back