Is S&S really enough? Read mor for context. Im pretty new to this fitness thing

@mr_loevinger Currently I always start with an extended warm up, then S&S and then I add other exercises to taste. This makes the routine entertaining and low threshold, because on the off days, I'll just do the minimum and be happy with it. On better days I can add a lot of exercises and I can be sore the days after. I combine kettlebells with a set of gymnast rings, a couple of the fun additional exercises I do:

Rings:
- pull-up & its variations: scapula only, negatives only, top hold, bottom pauses
- hang variations
- toes to rings or toes to ceiling sometimes with upside down rows
- skin the cat
- support holds (working my way towards dips)
- ring rows (sometimes with false grip)
- ring pushups (highly recommended!)

KB:
- farmer/waiter walks
- bent over rows
- cleans & snatches
- lunge & squat variations
- pull throughs

On a sidenote: you're stating you're focused on biceps, but for big arms you need big triceps. In any case, adding pushup & pullup exercises to the S&S program will be OK for you, especially since you're relatively new to exercising, you won't easily get overtrained.

@soldierofgod1988 Thank you!. Wish i had some rings i know that would be tons of fun. It's not that I'm focused on biceps..I would rather bigger triceps in fact. I was just worried that S&S had zero biceps at all. I just want to be even with all the excersises. Making sure that my biceps are getting as much a work out as triceps and as much as abs and glyts etc...all equal. S&S doesn't seem to be equal.

@mr_loevinger I see a lot of people are very dismissive of S&S, very often in the context of hypertrophy, which would be right. S&S is not a hypertrophy program - its General Physical Preparedness. So it all depends on what you want out of your training.

If you are super new to fitness, it may be a good program to run for a few months to slowly build up a base of strength and fitness before you tackle a serious hypertrophy program.

Having run S&S for a few months now, I'd recommend listening to your body and pulling back and taking rest as required. There's a few people who have ended up with strain injuries when following the 5-6 days a week program for longer periods.

@mr_loevinger Ive been using kettlebells for almost 2 years now.
As a begginer I tried many routines but what worked for me was what i found easy and fun in order to be consistent .
I found this Lebe Stark YouTube channel, which has many 15, 20 or 30 minute workout videos for begginers, its very dinamic and simple, im sure this channel is the reasom why i did stick with kettlebells.
After a few months of following along with this channel i felt like my body and joints got a bit stronger and then I could jump in to proper programs like S&S.
Working out along these short and different workout vids almost daily gave me a closer idea of the many movements, the stuff that one can do with kettlebells, how they felt and which of those are better for my body.
I havent watched a video since, now im settled with a program similar to the Dan Jhons armor complex.
If you start feeling like S&S gets a bit tedious, take a look to these Lebe Stark videos

@benguin Will do. Thank you so much! I love hearing people's stories of starting out. They definitely hit home and remind me to have find and experiment. Great advice on doing anything fun in order to stay consistent. Thank you! Very encouraging

@benguin Just looked up Lebe Stark. Funny I have already watched a few of his videos. Just watched one of his short workout vids tho and I like! Simple, seems to work all the muscles and short. At the end he said "Clean and Press that like button" lol.

@mr_loevinger Right, most of his videos i trained with were full body workouts and short
Remember to always warmup before and stretch after each session.
Stay consistent my dude, you got this shit

@mr_loevinger I do S&S with a 32 kg. It's slightly modified, I do 20 swings (10 on each side) followed by one TGU on each hand. That's one set. I do 5 sets, each for 3 minutes. Full set done in 15 minutes. On a day with no time, that's my go to exercise. Takes only 15 minutes, works out the whole body. I do some other stuff if I have time afterwards. I do this at least twice a week

@mr_loevinger S&S really scratched that itch for me and did a lot to bring my strength and conditioning up, including shoulder health and mobility. I highly recommend it. I made it to sinister in about 10 months, but I will go back to it as a reset for a couple weeks after I complete other programs.

Another you might consider to really set a daily standard, though it requires a steel club, is Mark Wildman’s programming for overweight people. Whether you are overweight or not doesn’t matter. It really starts of simple, setting the standard for almost daily practice. He has it posted on YouTube. Don’t let the club weights fool you, you will feel it. I just recently started it up as a change of pace and found it has done wonders for my mental and physical health, as I have been in a bit of a workout funk lately.

In any case, S&S or Wildman’s program are great places to reclaim your well-being.