is there any other 5’2 to 5’4 women that feel best at 140lb to 150lbs or is it just me?

@matt24vs14 I’m 5’1 and when I was around 135, I fit into a size 4. When I’m closer to 110, I can fit into a size 0/2. I’m currently 120 but still fit a size 4 pretty comfortable. Honestly could size down to a 2 if I wanted. Crazy how sizing works!

@matt24vs14 I’m 5’2” and 142 - when I was 30 and this same weight I could wear a size 6. Now I am 42 and wear a size 8. The fat redistribution as you get older is real. To be fair, though, I was working out a lot when I was 30, and I haven’t lifted weights or worked out as much for the past 4 years! I bet as I start to lift weights again I’ll be able to fit into a 6 again at this weight.

@jazmyno I'm 5'3" and weigh 135-140lbs, and I wear a size 0-2. Occasionally I'll fit a 4. I like my jeans snug though 🤷‍♀️

I lift regularly and have for years, and I have a small bust.

@pearl52 It’s muscle weight. I am always told I look fit & slim. I was recently told I look slim thick lol. So I’m ok with that. I used to want a thigh gap and to be a size 0-2 but I don’t think I’ll ever be that way. I have learned to appreciate my body and my health. Doing yoga helped me really accept my body & love my body.

@jazmyno Hell yeah! I have thunder thighs that are out of proportion with the rest of my physique. Oh well. I've made peace with them, esp. if the thighs are the price of a rockin' booty and general strength.

@pearl52 I agree, I have really strong legs, I can hike for hour/miles on hard hikes. I can run more than 5 miles. I can squat all the way and do 100 lunges. I can do a lot with my legs so I just appreciate being healthy and being able to do all the things I can do.

@petermushk Verified that it’s bonkers….im 5’3”, 140ish, 27.5in waist and wear a size 6 in most brands.

Another thing ks that size varies so much that I generally just wear what fits best so sometimes that means going way up or down from my usual size

@jazmyno Yep this is me too. The scale doesn’t budge and I get so upset bc of what my BMI says but I feel good and I like how I look at 140 (5’2). I say, forget the scale and what others think, all that matters is what you think about yourself :)

@jazmyno Interesting, I'm 5' 2 and when I was 140 pounds I wore size 8-10 pants and medium to large tops. (I do have a larger chest which def influences that tho) wild how we all carry weight so differently

@jazmyno Fyi BMI is not a reliable measurement to assess your health!!!

Edit - please go do a Google search before you downvote me lmao a lot of y'all are probably mixing up BMI and body fat %

@gojira7 People get mad on this sub when you speak the truth on the BMI. A lot of people have tied some sort of self worth or something to having a low BMI? Or they're ashamed of a higher BMI? I don't know what it is but the BMI is trash and no one should use it as a health metric. The man who invented it literally said it wasn't meant for an individual, it's more of an averaging tool. It also changed in the 90s, so you could have gone to bed "overweight" and then woken up as "obese."

It's completely arbitrary.

@peaceprevails26 It really depends on bone structure and how you personally like yourself to look. I’m 5’2 and at 125 I stop having a flat stomach and start getting arm flab that I hate, and my thighs start chafing which is uncomfortable. I do start looking sickly below 100 lbs tho. 110 is my happy place, not too thin not too thick.

@peaceprevails26 I think this is where bone structure makes a huge difference. My friend is 5'2" and she has said the same thing about looking her best around 140. I'm 5'4" and just lost a fair amount of weight. I'm 124 right now. I still have about 5% BF to lose. (in other words I don't look sickly at all) Anyway we were discussing this at dinner a month ago and I said okay put your hand up to mine. My hands are a lot smaller than hers and my bones overall are smaller than hers. Her wrists are like 7+ some inches and mine are 5.5. It's nuts. Come to think of it her head is larger than mine too - I'm small brained ;)

At some point the scale just isn't that meaningful when you consider all the factors. BF and lean mass are far more significant.

@peaceprevails26 Just here to say thank you for this post! I'm currently 140ish and though I'm not totally happy with my body (starting a new weightlifting program for the gainzzzz), I always wonder if I'm doing something wrong because I see everyone else on this sub aiming for 110-120 lbs. Which there's nothing wrong with! I just feel like I'd lose my booty if I weighed that much. Honestly the last time I was happy with my body I was around 130. But we all have different goals and that's ok. Just feeling validated that I don't need to lose that much weight if I don't want to.

Back