Ladies, how long did it take you to lose your first 10lb?

@regadoo I am shorter and way older but I started in April, and it took me 2-3 months to lose the first 10 lbs. Then the next 10 disappeared quickly. Then I hit a plateau again.

Bodies are weird sometimes, and as far as I've seen some people's weight loss is steady and some people's is stop-start, even with [what seems like?] the same behaviors.

@regadoo I was coming from a completely sedentary lifestyle and eating takeout most nights. As soon as I started walking 10k steps daily, upping my activity and eating less (not even calorie counting) and making better choices (mostly from cooking every day), the stars aligned and I lost the first 10 pretty fast. I want to say within 2 months. Probably less time. I’m 40 lbs down and it’s not budging now. Been this weight for over a month. I probably need to actually look into my calories, restrict carbs and do more than walk now to keep the scale moving.

@regadoo I have lost my “teenage” pounds pretty fast. I lost first 10lbs I believe in less than 3 weeks when I was 17. I had no idea how to count calories correctly that time which makes me think that I restricted myself a lot. My BMI was always normal but I looked chubby though.

@regadoo How many calories are you eating?
The lower the number on the scale the harder it is to lose. My most recent cut was .5 lbs a week. The first 30 lbs came off much easier.

@regadoo The first 10 pounds came off quickly, less than 6 months, the next 5 took a year. The last bit it’s been another year and I’m still inching my way down there, granted I’ve been less determined than I was at the start. I think I might be meant to be around where I am now which is 3-6 lbs above from my original goal weight !

@regadoo I lost about 15-17 pounds since June 1. I started at 155-158. Now am 137-140. My weight seems to fluctuate 3 pounds each week. Honestly I lost it by tracking calories, far more accurate than I ever tried before as they were half hearted attempts and short lived at that. I'm 47, 5' 1" and have a pretty physical, outdoors job so I get plenty of steps. I do weightlifting 3x week and row 3 or 4x a week. Walk the doggos 1-3 miles about 5x a week, weather permitting. All these things I did already for years and stayed my same weight. It was only when I stayed at a calorie deficit consistently did I see any changes.