List Of Exercises you can do at the gym (For Beginners)

@420jesus Lol I'm new in this sub and this is the first post I encounter: a really swole dude representing the first post in beginner fitness... What's a level below beginner cause maybe I'll have to look for that subreddit instead 😅

@420jesus Thank you so much. I just recently had major surgery and packed on some pounds in the process. I’ve worked out in the past, but haven’t really been to the gym consistently for quite some time tho. This is gonna help!

@420jesus Cool. You should remove upright row tho as it's quite a infamous workout within the fitness community.

At very least our a *warning (for beginner) that it may or may not damage your body.

@420jesus I wouldn’t recommend doing shoulder presses while standing up. Not as a beginner nor as a regular gym goer. Shoulder presses are an exercise which will be done heavy after a longer time. So if you start you will have some trouble getting the weight up. If you have to stabilize yourself too during the exercise it will be too much for a beginner. So you have a higher chance of hurting yourself and trust me I’ve been there myself that shit hurts A LOT! Since the shoulder is a muscle you normally don’t use a lot during the day it’s fairly undeveloped. A lot of shoulder exercises are not normal movements you do during the day (for example lateral raises) like squats for example since you go up and down a lot during the day. And while you progress the weight gets heavier for the shoulder press. Stabilizing your back is essential for a safe shoulder press. When doing the exercise standing up you are more likely to develop a hollow back. With sitting down and putting your back against something lowers the risk of injuries a lot! Another thing I want to say about shoulder exercises is that you won’t be moving a lot of weight (your side part and back part of the shoulder) while you progress with your workout. The essential thing is to get more reps with less weight and get the movement right. This also counts for advanced gym buddy’s. I hope I could help you guys, if there are more questions feel free to ask.

@jeffsmith2019 that’s good for you man. I train in an oldschool bodybuilding gym with competitive bodybuilders. Nobody does that exercise because it’s too risky. And I trust people who have done this sport for 40 years ... Markus Rühl also thinks the same

@mirabilis Isn’t that the point ? It’s good bc it forces you to workout more of your body than if you were sitting. If you do it wrong you get hurt, if you do it right you work out more of your body.