My outdoor bodyweight gym. It's not much but it's mine

usexpat97

Pic.

I had wood lying about for ages. I ground the soccer goal that my F in law made for the kids into bars. Some screws and paint from the shop and a few afternoons.

I was worried that not having posts in the ground would leave it unstable, but the stands do a fine job (although I have to tell the kids not to swing on it).

I need to make the parallels a bit more stable, and add a step for one legged squats.

Edit Thanks for all the kind words guys. I just realised that when I used "It's not much but it's mine" I was comparing myself against all the other awesome gyms that I've been looking at during my research. No offence intended to all the Gs keepin' it real with minimal equipment.

Also just to give some scale, I'm 6'3"/190cm and the high pull up bar is just beyond my fingertips. The parallels are just over my elbow when standing up.

@usexpat97 My 'bodyweight gym' is gymnastic rings hanging from the structural beams in my roof and a parallel bar dip station. It REALLY isn't much, but I find it covers most everything I need. I was worried about learning pullups on rings but it was surprisingly easy. I'd love to have something outside but it'd eliminate like, 4+ months of working out a year where I live.

@usexpat97 Is it attached anywhere to the wall? Otherwice u might want another plank between the inner coulumns. Also you can "cheat and have a plank between the dip bars to make it more stable.

Likea this, Blue is optional, red is nice =)

@usexpat97 Very cool! How long did it take to put together? Just curious, what is the high wooden beam on the right for? (The one perpendicular to the bar for rings and the removable bar for your kids)

@dawn16 He was cool. We bought a larger goal as they go older so it's been laying around getting in the way. He was glad I was able to put it to good use.

Back