Not a gym girlie but looking for lean muscle

burnemdawg

Hi guys! I am a 20f and I recently had finals, a lot of stress and had to handle a lot of life changes/ heavy decision making. I think I’ve been stress eating and as a result, I feel like I’ve gained around 10ish pounds. Illl be honestly I’m feeling kinda bloated like my body doesn’t love it. I generally am a pretty small frame and vegan so I didn’t have that many muscles and I’m not used to gaining weight. I have been saying for a while now that I want to get stronger and I assumed that it could only happen with a b u l k. Well now I got one. Problem is, I don’t know where to go from here? do I start just weightlifting a ton? I am trying to get lean and build muscles in certain parts of my body. Mostly abs and legs and arms enough to do one pull up. I don’t know about now but a month or two ago I could do assisted pull ups with 50 pounds. I tend to live a somewhat active lifestyle with dancing, yoga, social gyming and the occasional hike or rock climbing. Recently I haven’t been gyming really except for the occasional cardio and running to alleviate the stress. I’m not the biggest gymer these day as the gym is far away (it’s free through college) but I can go occasionally. Ig I’m looking for advice for a split/ dieting tips to achieve my goals of getting stronger and leaner.

@burnemdawg I really enjoy exercising outside, on the outdoor gym, you can get really fit by just moving your body in different ways. you dont have to do alot either. 30-45min is good. You dont have too exhaust yourself. Hiking at good pace is great.
Exercise regularly is the key, and often, every other day.
1 and 1/2 reppers is super for muscle control and muscle stress.
Be creative and do what feels good, focus on your priority areas.
Do it easy and be kind to the body.
But also do difficult movements that drives you forward.

Being outside i also a great remedy for the soul.

I just spewed out a bit, sorry.

@burnemdawg Portion control, if you’re already active and still gaining weight might be a sign to lessen calorie intake along with that watching what types of foods your eating. Recommend 30 minute incline walk after every workout session whether or not you’re doing abs/chest that day. Incorporating weights would help but find target exercises for the areas you’re trying to grow in muscle.

I would avoid doing something like Pilates for now as that targets more of your smaller muscles - results aren’t that noticeable and vary depending on body type/size and whether you were already lean to begin with