Nutricost Creatine Monohydrate

jmueller

I started taking this 3 weeks ago. It had high reviews on Amazon. I have a few questions. It tast like burned bones. It is hard to mix. Is this normal or is it a sighn it's cheap. It is a little early to see the bennifits but in the 3 weeks I have noticed my initial strength go up but my stamina has gone down. Before creatine my lifts where going down by 2 reps each set. Example pench was 250 for 8,6,6,4. Now bench is 265 for 9, then it drops fast 4,2,1. Squat is smaller 310 for 6,6,4,4 before creatine. Now 320 for 9 then it drops to 4,4,2. Is this normal? I was thinking it would increase strength and stamina.

@jmueller I've only ever used EVL brand from Amazon. It mixes up just fine, but never dissolves completely. It stays kinda gritty. I think that's normal. I just take it in a 2 oz shot of water after my lunch. It has no flavor whatsoever.

As far as strength and stamina effects, it gives you the ability to produce more explosive energy more quickly. So, you're not stronger, but you kinda are. If anything, you should feel more stamina and be able to workout longer before your muscles give out.

@jmueller Unflavored Creatine tastes terrible and mixes poorly. That’s just how it is.

You increased the weight on both movements, of course you’re going to get less reps in the short term. The small benefit creatine provides isn’t going to overcome this.

Back