Oceania - North America West - South America Semi-Finals Friday Discussion Thread

@jonjones229 Having the same tests for all semi finals makes it so much more fair. I bet the creators tailored it to specific athletes during the previous years to make sure they get in

@jonjones229 Brent Fikowski looks good, but not sure what happened to Pat Vellner. Maybe pace wrong or something. Quite a few unfamiliar names in the top 10 for the women, but happy to see Chyna Cho in there. Wasn't sure why HWPO released a video a while ago focusing on an unknown Rafael Sancen, perhaps they knew he has something.

@jarvis75 There always seem to be some issues with the sled/surface/lane. Using a torque tank might resolve some of the issues, but torgue tank is not fun to watch and not practicable trying to standardize the competition in all continents.

@jonjones229 Y’all keep an eye out for my trainer, William Leahy IV (Bill) in the North America west semi finals. He’s only been doing CrossFit for three years but he’s a major up and comer from Louisiana and is going to be bringing it this year. He finished top ten in the semis last year in just his second year of CrossFit at age 20. Much bigger and stronger this year, was finishing top of the open, all around improved with good prospects to get to the games. I’ll be cheering him on from the couch today. GEAUX COACH BILL!!

Back