Please reassure me my home gym isn’t dumb

@evachristine I much prefer home gyms. For me it’s a process to change, put on SPF, get in the car/walk to the gym, drop my crap off in the locker room, fight over equipment, deal with creepy stares, then do it all in reverse.

At home I throw on a ratty outfit, can complete a rowing workout in between meetings, yoga when I wake up, weights or Pilates in the evenings.

@evachristine I’m so so thankful for my home gym. I can chill with my phone loud and my music playing and walk away from my set up without having to feel guilty for occupying equipment. No shame at all!!

@evachristine You know what’s funny? 4 years ago during the first wave of lockdowns when no one could go to the gym, people would’ve loved to have had a fraction of the setup you have now. Dumbbells and kettlebells and the like were freaking sold out at any store near me. People scrambled to get some semblance of normalcy, and that included and huge demand for home gym equipment. So just a little perspective for you!

Be proud of the setup you’ve got! So many people would love to have a chance for it; if you use it and love it, that’s all that matters.

@evachristine I LOVE my home gym. I have a bike trainer for my road bike, a bench and barbell, and some dumbbells. I workout 6 days a week (which I wouldn’t do if I had to go to a gym). I put up a disco ball and some laser lights (it’s in my garage) and turn it into a little rave when I workout. I’ve reached all my fitness goals in my home gym. I literally tell everyone about it.

Be proud! It’s so awesome to have the tools you need to reach your goals right there. I’m about to go do some squats right now! Keep up the hard work and be proud of your fitness space :)

@evachristine I know many people with some type of home gym or some stuff to workout at home. It’s not weird.

I workout with people who workout at the gym AND have a nice set ups at home. bet your coworker would be sent into a coma if she knew that lol

@evachristine I want a home gym myself. Your reality is my dream! Anyone who says “why don’t you just go to the gym” don’t understand that some of us have anxiety, and some of us simply like to be in our home space while we work out. I love working out in my home that I PAY for. With my little 5lb weights, resistance bands, Pilates/yoga mat and YouTube, my home gym might not be as cool or have as much stuff as a regular gym, but I’ve seen progress and I stay in my comfort zone while doing it!

@evachristine I hope I’m not crossing a line by commenting in this sub, but as a gym bro, all my lifting buddies dream of a home gym. Life is busy and gyms are gross. I dream of building a garage at my house so I can have an area for a power rack and platform.

So I am super envious of your home gym.

@evachristine I would love to have a home gym! I was going to LA fitness for awhile but I’ve downshifted into using my neighborhood complex gym as I’ve been doing Caroline girvan videos. But home gym = goals. I’m so jelly

@evachristine Dang a squat rack! Thats hardcore! Do you have those big plates weights as well? I briefly dated a gym bro who makes gym videos, he has a squat rack set up with a huge light for shooting, i thought it looked so cool lmao

@evachristine Good for you! I've got a home gym and it's the best thing ever.

No driving. No waiting. No sweaty men staring ok, my hubby stares but he has a license to stare at me 😂

@evachristine I have an insanely fabulous home gym. I absolutely love it. I can work out anytime, play music without headphones and the equipment I want is always available. It was worth every cent and I am proud of it. I am happy to have invested in my health and wellbeing. And you should be too!

@evachristine “All I have” are ankles weights & I walk/run. And I have a mat area to do floor exercises. That’s my “home gym”- I used that & recomped my body, gained muscle lost fat (in total it was a loss of 14 lbs now and I’m 10 lbs) & I’m so proud that I did it regardless of how as long as I did it safely and healthily! 🙌🙌 that’s how I see it 😁👍 keep up the good work, little big sisterly advice u didn’t ask for: don’t bother using any mental energy worrying about what anyone thinks of u but YOU 💖🌟

@evachristine Yeah, some of those folks spend more money than I make in a year on gym equipment and mood lighting. I like to search the sub using terms like “minimal” or “small space” or “budget” to see what real people are using in their home gyms.

@evachristine I love my home gym. I have found that it has kept me consistent. I don’t have to spend the extra time driving to the gym, changing shoes, waiting for getting the machine etc. I workout 3-4 times a week since I have had it. I don’t plan to go back to a regular gym.

@evachristine Uh I workout at home exclusively. I have a treadmill, Peloton, rack, adjustable weights and kettlebell. I’ve lost 50 lbs in my gym. That is weird af to turn nose up at a home gym. A lot of people have home gyms. As a matter fact, I feel like a lot of folks probably wish they had space or the money for one!

It’s a convenient, no judgment zone. Home gyms are the best