Please reassure me my home gym isn’t dumb

@evachristine Growing up my dad turned our formal dining room into a home gym. It was right off the kitchen and a very focal point of the house but we always ate in the kitchen so he saw it as a better use of the space and they kept the chandelier and installed a big mirror. I always found it low key embarrassing tbh but my dad was a body builder and gym was life. Be like my dad and own it now home gym is my dream eventually.

@evachristine I have a Bowflex Max Trainer, a treadmill, various weights, yoga mat, resistance bands, and a subscription to Apple Fitness + and I love it. I use it every day before I go to work. I don’t think you should be embarrassed at all. Especially if you use it regularly.

@evachristine I work out in a home gym that's made up of all secondhand stuff, and it's the best! I was able to go from being completely sedentary to competing in my first bodybuilding competition, and I never set foot in a commercial gym once. You do whatever makes you comfortable.

@evachristine I have a home gym, too. I have weights, exercise bands, an exercise, and a yoga mat as well as ankle weights and other yoga gear and an exercise bike.

@evachristine I have a home gym in my sunroom. It gets so freaking hot in there that I can’t go in there past 9-10am even on cold days. I always feel a little awkward showing people my sunroom/gym. I don’t have room for my treadmill and weights anywhere else. It gets me to workout by being in view every. Plus I’m done working out in the time it would take me to get ready to feel presentable to be in public, drive to the gym, and back. I think we’re pretty smart. 😊💪🏻

@evachristine I've never been more sick since going to my local gym because people are freaking nasty. So no, a home gym is not dumb because you get to do everything you need without he inconvenience of loud music and just people in general.

Your coworker was only judging because she never had the option of working out at home or it doesn't fit her needs, but what you do is absolutely up to you! I personally wish u had the space for a home gym.

@evachristine Home gym is the opposite of stupid. It's cheaper, you save time, you have privacy. What's stupid about any of those things? When your coworker said that, you should have asked her, "why don't you mind your own business or have any common sense? If thought about it for a few seconds, you could probably figure out a number of reasons why, you idiot." Jk that's too mean, but you really shouldn't concern yourself with the opinions of people who are clearly kinda dumb.

@evachristine I have a home gym and I can assure you that it is a luxury! It’s something I tell to people proudly, not everyone can afford having space to workout in their own house or money to spend in gym stuff.

@evachristine Your friend is definitely jealous, home gym rocks. I have the shittiest home gym in an unfinished part of the basement with decades old stuff and I freaking love it. So much privacy to just do whatever you want without other people's germs, weird and uncomfortable encounters with men or influencers, and of course the commute to actually get to a gym. I can just workout while my toddler sleeps!

I am jealous of your squat rack though. did you buy a new one or a used one? Any recommendations?

@evachristine We literally just got a set of dumbbells yesterday for our home gym and couldn’t be happier! You don’t have to go out in unpleasant weather to the gym and worry about germs or over crowding and people starring at you. Enjoy your home gym!

@evachristine Not stupid at all! I think you’d be surprised how common it is. I have a home gym but also have 2 gym memberships (one has the pool, the other is 24hrs so I need both) but my home gym has everything I need to get in a quick session if I don’t feel like going out. Like you, I hate running into people I know and prefer to work out in solitude.

@evachristine your home gym is no less valid as a gym just because it doesn’t have the extra features you don’t use!! it shows hecka determination that you found a way around the barriers of a commercial gym to get your gains!!! you’re killing it