Progress Report: Getting fit & healthy while having a full-time sedentary job

@contemplatingfarmer Question - it seems from your routine like you mainly do body weight/relatively low weight on lower body compared to upper body? I noticed you do the same weight for squats and bicep curls, for example (unless that’s a typo).

Also I didn’t see a weight on hip thrusts, does that mean those are body weight only?

Clearly whatever you are doing is working for you, you look great! Just always curious about different people’s strategies.

@dawn16 Yeah well I don't have the squat rack, so I just hold the weight to stability more so than weight for the squats! And yes, the bridges are just body weight, maybe I'll add in weights, that's a good idea.

@contemplatingfarmer I love your write up! It’s thorough and easy to read and I also feel like I’m hanging out with you if that makes sense? I’m the same height as you and really love 112-115 on me (under 112 was a bit too small) but am currently sitting around 120-122.

You look great and seem like you have a really healthy mindset and balance in your life so I’m happy for you :) I also love how most of your routine is at home / bodyweight friendly!

Ps. I laughed at the “fashion progression” lol

@markinsydney Thank you! This was the sweetest comment 🥰 I definitely feel like we would be friends, you seem awesome! I totally agree though, I hit 110 at one point and was not a fan. I prefer to be more muscular and toned than skinny skinny.

@contemplatingfarmer I love this, thank you so much for posting! I'm in a similar position in that I'm not happy with my weight (not overweight, but would love to lose some fat and gain a little muscle) and have been fairly sedentary as I'm a graduate student trying to write up my dissertation and finish. I'm hoping to undertake a similar transformation once I finish up my degree in the Spring.

@contemplatingfarmer Are you me!?! Thank you for posting this, I've slowly realized what my lifestyle has done to me and I'm back to your starting weight with the goal of being 115. This is definitely some great inspiration!