PSA: Don’t trust a shitty pull up bar. Almost died today because I’m an idiot

@vortecks Definitely have a lot of clay. I used to dig holes for power line poles. Like anything else, it takes a minute to get used to it, but it really isn't a big deal.

@tegan You must have nice soil or power tools. My wife and I wanted to start putting a fence in our yard so we bought a few posts and a post hole digger. It took me 2-3 hours to dig one post hole out of the 40 required for our fence. I did a great job and poured concrete and put a nice level fence post in. It's 1.5 years later and we have 1 fence post in our yard and we're using our tax return this year to pay someone else to come and do it for us. Our soil is hard and rocky and even in my currently strong state I would never want to dig another hole without a power tool of some sort.

@diggem I'm just gonna pay for the whole job. I want part chainlink part wood, two gates. I have a 9 month old and two dogs to take care of and a wife who works long hours so I'm just gonna bite the bullet and pay someone to come out and do the whole thing.

@junkojunsui Sometimes the die hards in /r/diy don’t understand this. Sometimes, there just aren’t enough hours in the day for the projects to not put a stress on the family.

@srawf Yeah my wife works 80+ hours, and is currently working nights. Part of me would like a project like this, but the more realistic part see me digging holes with an auger alone. I don't have a pickup truck so I'd have to rent tools and a truck and learn how to put in a fence, and any time I want to work on it my mom would have to watch the baby. It's just not gonna happen unless I pay someone.

@elianatan Watch out everyone, we've got a badass over here!

I live in the NorthEast. So many rocks in the ground. Post-hole digging up here is absolutely miserable.

@elianatan I've done it in soft ground without many rocks and away from any trees. It's easy. You can knock out every fence post hole in an afternoon in ground like that.

I've done it in very rocky ground and it's a massive pain in the ass. Actually I'm helping my dad dig fence posts in ground like that right now for an orchard, we gave up and hired a guy with an auger to come dig it for us this weekend.