PSA: Don’t trust a shitty pull up bar. Almost died today because I’m an idiot

@hopetobereborn once I did pull ups on supported constrution at my friends place, drunk. after the pull up it immediatly started falling backwards and (un)fortunately there was a wall shortly behind so I hit my hand still holding the bar against the wall and fucked up my wrist for more than a week :D

@hopetobereborn I made this a few weeks ago to hang rings from. 1.25” sch 40 galvanized stainless steel pipe and key clamps from Lowe’s
Width is 5ft
Height is 10ft
Depth is 6ft
Height supports are 2ft long

It’s been solid but the pipe fittings are around $10 a piece. Setup and takedown is around 20minutes. I rent too so wanted something collapsible. Ring Station

@hopetobereborn My own design, I started with just the two vertical 10 ft sections but it was not stable and would wobble when used. Ideally there would be longer supports on both sides but those damn pipe fittings are pricey. Total build is around $300 for what you see in the picture. I can post a material list if you need it

@hopetobereborn My sister bought me those doorframe pull up bars that you extend between the doors. I stuck it in there without the cups that you screw in (as I didn't want to ruin the frame) to demonstrate how to use it. Did one pull up and it fell down, I landed on my back and banged my head against the wall behind me. She took it back. :D

Back