Realistic expectation for boob loss?

americangirl54

Hi, I’m just starting out my journey in to fitness trying to figure out where to start and putting a routine together.

I am currently about 167cm/ 64kg (5’6”/ 141lbs), with a 26” waist and UK 30H/ 28HH (I think this is a K/L US cup) bra size. I am hoping to loose as much boob as possible, but am wondering what sort of expectations should I have for boob loss?
I’ve found it incredibly difficult to search as most people seem to have the opposite problem and everything says “don’t worry you won’t loose too much!”

Sorry if this is a very subjective question, I just wanted to know if anyone has had any similar experiences.

@americangirl54 Currently a 30E. My experience is that my back has gotten wider which has maken my band size go up and cup size go down, despite my boobs not really changing size, as cup size is in relation to band size. I've been trying to build muscle, rather than lose weight. As a side note, strengthening my back has given me the ability to wear skimpy wireless bralets without back pain. Boobs are composed of fat and glandular tissue. You can exercise the fat away, but you're stuck with the rest.

@americangirl54 I think it depends on how big your boobs are when you're at your healthiest weight. For example, after high school I weighed about 95-105 (I fluctuated a lot) and wore 32E (though I know this was badly measured and not my accurate size at all as I would slip out constantly but it was the only thing available at the standard stores). But suffice it to say I'd always had big boobs for my frame, and had a healthy BMI.

When I gained weight (135 @ 4'11") I was properly measured at 30I. After losing 40# last year, I only went down to a 28H. I'd heard so many "boob loss" stories and was (personally) so relieved not to have lost.

I think if you have boobs that large at a healthy BMI, like you have, the likelihood of boob loss just isn't very high :( Most people I know who lost a significant amount of boob only seemed to have a lot of boob because they had higher BMIs. Most that had big boobs at low BMIs maintained almost all their size :/ Though I wish you the best of luck!

@oligog This was a very observant answer, thank you for replying.
I have this stupid idea that you rarely see slim or athletic women with big boobs so they must just come off but unfortunately I think you’re right.

@americangirl54 I went from a 40C to between a 32D and 32DD by losing 60lbs (189 to 129). So my band size went down a lot more than my breast volume but still I did lose a lot of boob. They're probably...half? I'd guess of what they used to be. Maybe a bit more.

@americangirl54 Breasts are made up of fat and glandular and fibrous tissue. Some women have denser breast tissue than others (Dense breast have less fatty tissue and more glandular/fibrous tissue) and those who have very dense breast tissue, won't see as much weight loss in the breasts as those with less dense breast tissue. Unless you've had a mammogram you won't really know if your breasts are very dense or less dense so you'll probably have to wait and see what happens in your case. Sorry, I know that's not much of a help!

@americangirl54 I'm the same height as you and when I was 150 lbs I was a 30HH. I'm about 130-135 lbs right now and the last bra I bought was 30FF, although the cups are a bit big now.

At my highest I was a 36J so this has been a real miracle.

@americangirl54 It just depends on whether your boobs are mostly fat or mostly breast tissue.

I was like a 32FF/34F at 5'2" and 161lbs. Now I'm about a 32DD or so at ~140lbs, but it's hard to say for sure because I hate wearing bras and haven't bought an underwire bra in a long time. The 32 bands all feel too tight because the normal measurement is 31" but it goes up by like two inches when I flex my lats.

But I did lose a lot of boob! They're much more manageable now. Underboob sweat is still an issue but lack of support doesn't bug me except for like straight up running. Even then, I can get away with like a S/M/L size sports bra and it's fine.

@americangirl54 I had a breast reduction 11 years ago (5'8 and and 120 lbs at the time) from a 32G to D, so my insight may be limited but I appear to be genetically determined to keep breast fat above all else. I'm now ~150lbs and my boobs are still D/DD. When I cut, they don't go down in cup size but the texture changes. They go from full/heavy to a little bit rock-in-a-sock feeling.

@americangirl54 I probably started around 125 lbs, 5'5, in between 28F/FF. I'm doing a recomp, so now I'm 120 lbs and a pretty solid 28E. It also depends how much body fat and muscle mass you have, weight and these two things aren't static exactly.

@americangirl54 Your waist and band size are already very small so it's hard to imagine you have much fat to lose. That said, I went down a cup size from D to C since starting to work out more, without losing any weight overall, so who knows?

@americangirl54 It really depends IMO mostly on genetics. I have lost 10 lbs and my boobs are still the same size (started at 32H and am still 32H).

I should add that I was never overweight though even 10 lbs heavier.

@americangirl54 I was 5'5 and 110 pounds when I started lifting. I was doing tons of cardio prior to that and my boobs and body fat % stayed the same when I was "only" doing cardio. But the heavy lifting changed my body the most and I went from a 32D to a 32B or something (I'm actually between a 30' and 32' band but it's difficult to find cute 30' so I just suck it up and wear a 32' most days). It's sort of significant to lose 2 cup sizes at my weight/size. I didn't lose weight at though, but my body fat dropped significantly and I lost it all in my boobs first. I was the same weight but definitely recomped. And bye bye boobies.

Nothing wrong with a 32B at all, but I personnally prefer a large chest so I bought myself new ones afterwards (LOL). So now no matter my body fat % they're not going anywhere from now on.

Back