REPORT! I did 100 pull ups a day for 30 days. The result was amazing!!

@triumphant8891 ^ I vouch for shoulder dislocate and face pulls. Can't do 100 reps, but can knock out 3 slow dead hang reps with 85 lbs attached to me. Gradually took time to get there, but OP/my progress setup was similar (did pullups 3x a week at mainly 60-70% on non heavy days)

@dawn16 85.0 lbs ≈ 38.6 kilograms [sup]1 pound ≈ 0.45kg[/sup]

[sup]I'm a bot. Downvote to remove.[/sup]

[sup]|[/sup] [sup]Info[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]PM[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]Stats[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]Opt-out[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]v.4.4.6[/sup] [sup]|[/sup]

@tripperfish Also, there’s a chance you were gripping he bar wrong. You want the have he bar as far in your palm as possible, that prevents stress in your tendons that go from your fingers to your elbow.

@tripperfish Also if you feel some pain in your forearms and elbows it could be your tendons. It takes a long time to strengthen tendons so make sure you give them time to recover.

@tripperfish Yea it can take 1-3 weeks for the tendons to recover after a workout and strengthen. It's not like muscles which recover in a couple days. So just take it easy, if they hurt than take recovery time.

@tripperfish As far i now, joint problems after pull ups more likely appears in big boys with BW 90 + kg. I am 91 kg and i had epicondylitis after pull ups 2 yers ago.

To prevent joint issues, i use this rules:

1) good warm up

2) no more 3 mins between sets (yes, it's aganist GtG philosophy, but you shoudn not cool down your joints between seets)

3) May use soft elbow pads if you feel discomfort

4) Glucosamine/chondroitine (i now it have lack of evidence, but this supplement worked great for me)

4) Do not pull up every day if u are heavyweight

Good luck!

@tripperfish You are welcome , mate! One additional point from my hard experience :). Consider your bodiweight like barbell weight. Will you do bench press with 90 kg barbell wothout proper warm up? No, you will not, you will do something like 30 kg x 10, 50 x 5, 70 x5, 90 x ... Same with pull ups - warm up with different resistant bands (or gravitron) before main sets.

Back