Sunday Show Off - The thread for people who can appreciate the plateaus you've conquered this past week!

groo101

HEY YOU,

Have you taken any recent pics of those sweet gains, your human flag, or those handstands off the wall you're finally holding?

Do you have other bodyweight fitness accomplishments you've made and want the world to know about because your friends and family can't appreciate how hard L-sit progressions are??

This is the thread for you to share all that and inspire others at the same time! I'm talking about another S-S-SU-SUNDAY SHOW OFF!!

Note that we aren’t limiting you to what we're discussing on the FAQ. Show us anything that blew your mind the moment you realized you had it. This may include aspects of: gymnastics, climbing, parkour, weight loss/gain, posture, etc. They are all more than welcome in this thread.

We also want to remind you that we've been sharing your content on @redditbwf on both Instagram and Twitter. Help us grow our sub's social media in order to reach out to non-Redditors across these other platforms!

Pictures and videos from last week:
Keep up the great work everyone! Some of you reported your achievements through a text post, with great variation in skill progressions.
  • /@eternitysdream moved up from 6-6-6 pull-ups to 7-6-6, thinking this is not a lot, but we're damn excited for him!
  • /@mowo got back into the gym for the first time after recovering from a neck injury, doing a full workout and feeling great. He also went running with his 8 year old, hitting 3 km the other week. They're both trying to get to 5 km.
  • /@hannahjoy773 can finally do squats with heels together and is hoping to get to one legged variations soon!
  • /@perez1001 has progressed pull-ups from 3x5 to 3x8 over the course of two weeks. He also got down a chicken wing muscle up and is starting to do L-sits pretty well! These are nothing to sneeze at man, keep up the great work!
  • /@docskeptic is doing one arm pushups on the floor now, working on the form, but has the strength to get there!
I look forward to another great show off thread and am excited to see what improvements you all have made, no matter how miniscule. You certainly have each and every one of our respect and encouragement for what you're working on. So post it!

Last week’s Show Off thread

Check out some of the previous Sunday Show Off threads for more inspiration! Archives here and here.

As always, many of us are on the IRC and would love to meet our BWF brothers and sisters, wherever you're from!

@groo101 I stopped drinking for 6 days and my PT said "You're kinda really strong. I dont really know what to do to fix your shoulder issue so we're just going to add some mass there and make you stronger."

My AC Joint/shoulder has been feeling better than before and I haven't been triggering it while working out in a while so i went kinda ham this week.

Tuesday did pullups+30lbs for 8,7,7

Thursday's pullups were +35lbs for 8,7,6

Saturday's Pullups were +40lbs for 8,6,5. I move to a full plate on monday or tuesday, whenever i train next. My reps will surely drop so i'll likely add another set or two to keep volume in the 20's.

Since that 50s freestanding my handstands have improved remarkably. I understand the movement much better and get into them much easier. I've spent some time on my hands like 5 out of 6 days this week and its real nice to see consistent progress.

Im leaning more and more forward in PPPU's and i think im getting close to being able to lift off my feet at the bottom of the movement. My front Pull numbers have increased (like 8,7,6)

Speaking of progress, my physique is getting pretty freaking dope (and the lighting was awesome too.) Also, this happened last sunday and I was so happy I cried. And my pike got better. that's cool My phone has a cracked camera lense and I should be replacing it this week so that weird haziness that shows up in all my pictures/vids should be gone by next sunday's post.

Hahaha. A friend dug up this picture from Jan 30, 2013 this week. It'll be going in my 1 year progress post on may 25th.

@ukubird I said aloud as I watched the L-sit to V-sit to handstand video "God damn that's impressive." So you amazed an Internet stranger.

@ukubird I'd imagine so. Fwiw, my wife was walking by when I was watching your vid and you can add one more hot chick to the # of people you have impressed.

@ukubird Great progress man! You're an inspiration! Could you kindly share your routine? In an earlier post you said you were 9 months into the begginer routine, what exercises have you paired together?

@amanda911 In 10 days I'll be at 10 months.

Weighted pullups paired w/ wall HeSPU's. Then I run a triplet "pairing", PPPU, L/V-sits, front pulls or back levers. It's all 3x8. When I hit 3x8 I stay there for another week (3 sessions) and make sure that i actually have it and feel strong there and then move on to the next progression and usually drop to 3x4 as I learn the movement and be frustrated. I cut out leg work because I was doing a lot of yoga and snowboarding. Now im just lazy. I just started doing additional core work with dragon flags and I work on falsegrip hangs and some other stuff as accessories at the end of a workout when I have time. Yesterday was my 87th session with the beginner routine format. I progressed pretty linearly from doing ~3 pullups and ring pushups. There's no magic. The program works because it has progressive overload structured in and it's balanced. Just show up and be willing to do hard work.

@gloryriver 90 seconds, well, i set the timer for 1:22 and try to get to work when it's finished. 90s between sets, and usually 3 minutes between pairs. Im currently training at 8,000ft and theres not so much oxygen up here. It kinda kicks my ass.

@ukubird Damn dude, that V-Sit to Handpress... I thought you were going to fall over, but you have the core strength to hold yourself there, that's so impressive! Grats man! Keep it up!

@groo101 I got a few more edits from my shoot and I'm so excited about them! Made a little album here I had to hold these poses for a long time to get the photo just right and the fact that I was able to do it easily made me feel kind of like a boss. I was so sore the next day! Turns out photo shoots are the most killer workout!

I ran through my newest routine yesterday for the first time and I still have a lot of work to do but I did better than I thought I would. I'm excited to put in some hard work on it.

@silas1325 That last picture is so cool and gnarly. Are you able to do any form of a back lever? How does the load feel compared to a back lever? Its so cool that you do such a different discipline than the normal gymanstics/street workout thats mainly posted!

@ukubird I cannot do a back lever, its for sure on my goals list. I've been working on some progressions I found in this sub. I can do a pretty good skin the cat so right now I'm working on the tucked phase. The split is MUCH easier. You can use that leg over your shoulder to leverage you but a ton of core is required to hold it flat like that still. You should try it!