Survey: What CrossFit Movement is the Hardest to Master?

I'm gathering data on what movements (gymnastics, barbell etc) people found the easiest / hardest to master.

If you'd like to take part please follow this link to the Google Form. It takes no more than 7 minutes: https://forms.gle/tq8G51YCgP5nrmVB8

UPDATE: The results are in.

The top five hardest rated CrossFit Movements as voted by r/crossfit are:
  • =1: Handstand Walk & Ring Muscle Up
  • 2: Bar Muscle Up
  • 3: Squat Snatch (from the floor)
  • 4: Hang Squat Snatch
  • 5: Strict Handstand Push Up
Some overview analysis in a short presentation online here.

I'll leave the survey open and you can access and download the full dataset from Google Sheets online here.

@redbull72 How often do people hook up at your box? I haven't really been paying attention at my box although I think there are a few couples who met at my box and are now in a relationship.

@dawn16 If I were to put up everyone's pics and then do the thumbtacks and strings thing, it would probably look like an Alex Jones conspiracy map haha.

I am slightly exaggerating, but I was pretty oblivious to it for the first 2 years I was there. And then you start hearing things, or notice certain regulars don't come to the same WOD times, or a married couple disappears because someone snuck a cookie out of someone else's cookie jar, etc ,etc.

I mean, you have a lot of fit attractive people, who are very competitive, sweating in sometimes minimal clothing... nature finds a way. I am fortunate to be oblivious, slightly older, and without a chance in hell of finding all six of my abs haha.

@dawn16 Same here. I know a few couples who met at my gym (including the owner/head coach who met his wife at the gym), but if anyone is hooking up I haven’t heard about it.

I don’t pay that much attention.

@dawn16 There's a guy at my box who is obviously on a hunt. There isn't female he won't talk to. I don't think he even knows guys exist, he's so persistently chatting up every female possible. I guess I would too. If I was single. And straight.

@samerobert Haha. I need to start paying attention. I actually was oblivious to a gay guy who was into me. We went out a couple times to hang out but I was under the impression it was just hanging out. Just meeting a new friend. He might've thought it was a date though. We still hang out though!

@adb5577 No sir/maam. You are probably just not the type of person attracted to it so you are either unaware or not involved in it, that's a good thing!

I work at three boxes and have been involved in several others. I have never personally been involved in much, if any, box drama but it does seem to be somewhat omnipresent. I don't think it's "CrossFit" or anything specific to us... I just think that the structure of boxes leads to a competitive and passionate atmosphere (Which can be VERY positive... or not). In addition, people who are very into self-improvement can be somewhat self-involved (myself included, admittedly) and it can lead to people butting heads.

It takes awhile but all three of my gyms have found ways to manage and limit the drama.

Back