Weekly Question Thread - Week of 7/1/2019

@maayaa That's great. For your case I think the best would be to use an upper/lower program like PHUL (use the higher set numbers), the only difference is it will take you a little over a week to finish the training week, but that's not a big deal at all. For clarification I'm saying to do it like this:
  • Week 1: Upper - Lower - Upper.
  • Week 2: Lower (end of week 1 of the program) - Upper (start of week 2) - Lower.
  • Week 3: Upper - Lower (end of week 2) - Upper (start of week 3).
So on and so forth. Also read this to know how to progress.

For nutrition, monitor your body weight (compare average weekly weights, not individual days) and you'll know if you have to eat more or less, if you're gaining or losing (depending on your goal) around 0.5% of your body weight per week you're on the right track. Finally, just eat as much protein (from food) as you can on every meal.

@snowbird27 I think it's just posture and lighting. You can see it better at your elbows, but your right arm seems to be more internally rotated than your left arm, that's it. This is why posing matters lol.

@snowbird27 Yeah it can very well be that, it's the typical change in visuals from the front you get from internal/external rotation at the shoulders: more/less rounded delt as the peak of the middle deltoid's curve gets more tangent to the line of sight, and the same with the lateral head of the triceps. I can't really see anything wrong with the chest tho.

@niecey85 This makes sense! I will make some tests and see if I have an internally rotated shoulder on my lwft arm (IRL left arm).

In the chest it may just be the muscle fibres. I feel like my uoler chest is more developed on my left side and the lower chest is less developed.

@paparazi257 How would one go about creating a 5 day full body split? Heard Helms mention it on some podcasts and Insta posts. Also who would this type of program be suited for? Should something like this be exclusively for advanced lifters?

@dawn16 This is a little like asking for information on red cars. It will depend entirely on how the program is structured. A five-day split could involve repeated sessions, different sessions, repeated sessions with different rep ranges, etc. With fewer isolation exercises and less volume, a five-day split could work well for a beginner.

@beverlys36 I classify myself as a low intermediate. Full body daily sounds fun because now I can train chest and arms everyday lmaooo. Having shorter workouts is good and I think right now I feel volume is a bit high as I’m doing PPL 6x per week and trying to cut. It’s not going well. Not even sure what my volume tolerance is because I suck at following programs and not sure where to start.

@kmr This looks like it has super low volume and I’m questioning whether those intensity techniques he is suggesting are necessary? I believe in keeping it as simple as possible. What kind of results have you noticed personally? Maybe it’s something I can consider

@dawn16 Once I looked into protein synthesis for naturals I tried a Steve Reeves style full body every other day but each workout was too taxing this way I keep a steady routine without over training

@kmr So it seems that the warmups he recommends are around 6-8 RPE. So those can pretty much count as working sets. Are you doing deloads by any chance following this program?

@dawn16 Only in the second week so haven’t even considered it yet but DOMS seem minimal after attempting a bro split for years pounding away at each body part separately

I am in no way knowledgeable when it comes to training but the low intensity high frequency definitely agrees with my body

@paparazi257 Does anybody here do sternum pulldowns? Like a close grip underhand lat pulldown, but you lean back as you pull and bring the bar to your sternum just under your pecs.

Back