What’s the best way to lose a lot of weight

@dojoloach I’d also recommend a visit to your doc to get some lab work done to have baseline levels. They might make additional suggestions based on specific concerns or observations. Walking is always great. How heavy are you lifting? Are you gaining muscle and losing fat? Are you able to up the weight and lower your reps? Lot of small tweaks make a big difference! It’s an adventure, not a sprint. Keep your eye on the prize.

@abrahamabe yeah obv the diet is super important, i used to consistently track my calories and upped my protein intake significantly
IF can be tried, start slowly if you must, don’t just directly jump on to 16:8 as it can cause hormonal imbalance & cortisol issues
females are advised to vary their fasting states according to their menstrual cycle
try not to overly restrict your intake as it can adversely affect your metabolism making it harder to lose weight
and obv avoid calorie dense junk foods & drinks and forget about all the bakery products you used to gorge on

@dojoloach Its all about protein. Try to get in 150 or more grams of lean protein like chicken breast, lean ground beef, turkey, lean cuts of steak like sirloin or new york strip. Protein keeps you full for longer and that woth the weight training will get you there. Try your best to reduce your sugar and processed foods. Dont cut them out completely or you may go insane but really be disciplined and reduce then at least 50 percent. Also the first few months may be slow, but as you build more muscle over a few months, it will start to burn more calories and you will see more progress. If you REALLY want to supercharge the process, do everything i already said, but reduce your carbohydrates by a huge margin. Im talking like 1/4 of what you are doing now. If you go that route you can lose alot of weight relatively quickly but be prepared to feel DRAINED most of the time while you are doing that. Expect tp not lift as much weight or as many reps and expect to be weaker overall until you revert to a more normal carb level. But if you are a fireman, it may not be best to do that. Alot of people try to go healthy diet but find they are always hungry. If you go the route of high protein, you wont be nearly as hungry and you will be building muscle at the same time. But honestly 60 pounds took me about 6 months or so. About 3 months with diet only changes and then another 3 of starting cardio. Its going to take you a couple months at least, sorry no shortcuts. How long dis it take you to gain that weight? It comes off no faster than it went on

@nny I was just about to say this. Intermittent fasting also helps regulating your blood sugar.
The first few days are always the hardest but after day 3 it will be like a walk in the park. I use an app called Lifesum. That’s what really helped me

@dojoloach I lost 80 pounds in 3 months went from 270 to 190 I ate whatever I wanted and smoked all the reefer I wanted I was logging on a tower side in washington state let me tell you .... I've done construction and concrete and you wana talk about some tough and rough sons of bitches in logging best time of my life was logging was it easy nope but it happend if you workout hard enough and burn enough calories it will come off but burning more calories that you take in is the only way to lose weight you b have to tell yourself enough is enough and realize it just takes some hard work is all .if you aint sweatn you aint workn hard id do it again if I have to but wouldn't be as fun now I'm a lil older lol but my point is get fuckn angry about it and put that to use

@dojoloach The hard way is to control your eating, the problem that I have with this is how often I eat out of habit or for comfort. If you think you're unhappy often, or lonely at night this might be part of the issue. The solution weirdly enough is self love, therapy, making more friends, joining communities, self love, deep introspection, and trying to be aware of why exactly it is that you're overeating.

The easy way is to exercise more. The basics are walking, cycling, swimming, gym. Do what is close, conviennent, and pleasant. It will work best if you make it into a habit, go for a walk every day, join a swimming class, etc.

Be aware that if you do only one of these two options it will be slower, harder, and have more backsliding.

@pilot81906 Exercise only helps slightly in losing weight. If you bust your butt on a treadmill for an hour you might burn 300 calories. That’s half a Big Mac. Exercise is to build strength and stamina. It gives you bit of leeway in your diet but what you eat when you eat it and how much is the key.

@abrahamabe For sure, but if you go from not exercising and being fat to exercising regularly and improving your diet even 1% the change will be positive very quickly in terms of muscle mass, strength, and energy levels, even if the weight stays the same.