What are some lifts you didn't use to rate, but have grown to love?

@uniqueperception Is that the adductor aka sus machine? I love that thing but those machines don’t have enough weight. I already have to hang a 45 off of the pins on the little 5 lb additions and I’m gonna have to buy a gym pin off amazon too add more weight. I’m not even that strong. One guy I know had over 4 plates added on to the full stack with a gym pin. I think the total was like 500 lbs

@uniqueperception First machine I ever maxed out. If you want a fun name for the movement, I once heard someone describe hip adduction as "Good Girls" (closing your legs) and hip abduction as "Bad Girls" (opening your legs) and that's stuck with me ever since

@uniqueperception I mean it works it's just such a small muscle and one that you can't really see even in swim trunks so why work it? Especially when there are all these other small muscles that are way more noticable e.g forearms, neck and calfs.

@sophiepoeta Not all muscles are show muscles and I find it's done a lot for my stability while I'm squatting. Small muscle as you said so I never need more than 2-3 sets each to feel it so I like to throw it in at the end when I have time.

@sophiepoeta If you're not gonna lift for years i could see your point. but a few years in you'll notice it even more, other mucles will get bigger, and you'll see that stuff is out of proportions. But, w/e makes you happy in the long run budd

@sophiepoeta Not downvoting but the adductors are very large muscles. (Bigger than hamstrings and only slightly smaller than quads according to Google).

I love them personally but I have to concede that for the practical exhibitionist they're probably not that important.

@bac I like to do them deficit style (front foot also elevated) for deeper stretch. Hate them so much but they’re a must.

@stormboy1 I tend to do full ROM simply to make sure I have full mastery of the weight, free weight flyes can be tricky and more prone to injury if you let your ego take over so I find full ROM keeps me in check, but I do agree, the top half is essentially useless for hypertrophy.

Cable flyes are great but I don’t feel as much mind muscle connection personally. My top fly movements are good old pec deck and DB flyes.