What do you guys do for drinks

@rnstaplesattnet I know it’s crazy but I don’t like cold tea or iced coffee so even when it’s 120 out I still drink hot herbal tea or hot coffee. For cold drinks I like the Costco Italian lemon juice with water or standard red or blue powdered Gatorade but watered down/not full strength. Very boring but it all works for me!

@jerri I still have hot tea, coffee, or chicken broth, and it's 111 today. I do like unsweet iced tea and coffee, though, but I'm lazy, and it's quicker to just make the hot tea and drink it.

@rnstaplesattnet I live in AZ also and avoid sugary drinks, but don’t have a huge sweet tooth. You’re right they hit so good in the summer.

I think the craving is part carbs and part electrolytes, and part habit if you drink juice every summer.

I swear by coconut water. It’s extremely healthy, very hydrating, and relatively low calorie. It’s also affordable if you have one every other day, or a serving per day from the big bottles.

I also enjoy kombucha, which is good for you, low calorie, and low sugar. Also affordable if you buy a big bottle ($9) and have a serving (8oz) a day, it can last a week.

I tried PRIME hydration and that was so delicious. I’ve heard controversy around its ingredients so I haven’t tried it again, but it was 20kcal, no sugar, and tasted incredible.

@rnstaplesattnet I dunno, maybe try blending up some frozen fruit and ice cubes. Fruit is healthy so long as you aren’t just straining out the juice. If pulp is an issue, it’ll be unnoticeable in a slurry of ice crystals. Just count the calories

@rnstaplesattnet Every other Friday I have a cherry coke at lunch. Limits the bad and helps me get through shitty days at work. If I am staring off into the distance during a meeting, I am 100% day dreaming about my next “cherry coke Friday”

@rnstaplesattnet Minute Maid has an awesome zero sugar pineapple juice!! And zero artificial sweetener either. Pretty sure it’s like 5 cal in a serving. The entire bottle is like 35 cal. They have a few flavors but you mentioned tropical so I thought of that

@rnstaplesattnet Unsweetened tea with lemon, unsweet coffee, and water are really my only drinking options when I am dialed in. Juice might have nutrients that soda doesn't, but it is still ultimately a bunch of fructose, so that is a no go. A lot of the no sugar/ no calories flavored drinks taste terrible to me so I don't really go down that rabbit hole.

I allow myself a cherry coke or Pepsi once or twice throughout the weekend for a cheat and I don't think it affects things too terribly.

@rnstaplesattnet Diet soda, Crystal light, 0cal koolaid, 0cal lemonade… Anything ZERO CAL. Dont listen to fear mongers about artificial sweeteners. They won’t impede dieting progress. And sure makes dieting much much easier.