What do you guys do for drinks

@rnstaplesattnet I’m struggling with this( not trying to barge in ).

I can cut out junk food but im addicted to strawberry Dr Pepper and I can’t find a replacement. I’ve tried sparkling water flavored and unflavored and just can’t.

@rnstaplesattnet I like to make a big pitcher of iced tea and add erythritol with monk fruit sweetener from costco. One week will be peach tea and another maybe elderberry. Sometimes I’ll add the sweetener to lemonade.

@rnstaplesattnet Kombucha, sparkling water, fruit flavored teas with monk fruit, low calorie juices, or really flavorful tea like chai tea or Bengal spice. I used to also just drink BCAAs when I was craving something sweet.

@rnstaplesattnet When I’m thirsty I drink water. That’s not all I drink - in the mornings I always have a fair bit of black coffee. Occasionally I’ll have a glass of milk with a meal. Occasionally I’ll have a beer or two.

But for thirst, I drink nothing but water. If you quench thirst with tasty drinks you come to associate the taste with satisfying your thirst, even aside from sugar addiction. Then you start to specifically crave that drink when you’re thirsty instead of water, and then you end up drinking your calories on the regular.

@rnstaplesattnet I drink a Sneak Energy drink in the morning made with 1L of water, then a Sneak Hydrate drink mid morning made with 1L of water, then 1L of water mid day, then 1L through dinner and gym, then a Plenny Protein shake after gym.

I also have 500ml of milk during the day too. I drink quite a lot I feel 😅

@rnstaplesattnet Phoenix here. I'll do electrolyte mix (honey stinger, usually) in my bottle when mountain biking in this heat, along with my hydration pack with straight water for the majority of my fluids.

Off the bike, I'm a sparkling water junky.

And every day starts with a pint of cold brew. You can have my beer, you can take my wine, but you can pry my cold brew out of my cold dead hands.

@rnstaplesattnet Unsweetened iced tea, black iced coffee, lemoj water, Nuun hydration tablets, and orange/tangerine juice. Occasional ginger ale. Ill do a cocktail or two on the weekends, mostly tequila and if im getting after it ill order it neat, corona/modelo as the night progresses. As someone with a major sweet tooth, not buying candy/sugary drinks and stocking my fridge w fresh fruit has really helped keep it at bay.

@rnstaplesattnet First of all, your writing style is super entertaining to read! And personally, when I want a fruity/cold/guilty pleasure drink, that's what I'll drink! Pretty easy to cut calories elsewhere in my day if I'm running a deficit but need a liquid pick-me-up.

@rnstaplesattnet I make iced tea that I only sweeten with honey and it’s in the fridge all summer. For me, either Mint green tea or Lemon Ginger black tea (caffeine free). I also love sparkling water. Flat water too for that matter.

@rnstaplesattnet I used to live in AZ, and during the summers I would stick to three beverages. Water, most the time. I also bought a 3 gallon glass dispenser and some cheesecloth to make iced tea with a good loose leaf tea. Also, a 1 gallon glass dispenser and some cheesecloth for cold brew. I’m not super sensitive to caffeine so ymmv.

@rnstaplesattnet I like the Mio or Great Value flavor drops in water, or sodastream seltzer with the 0 calorie flavorings (the diet root beer in particular).

I don't drink anything with calories basically, and the above options also avoid having to go out and buy / recycle cans of diet soda or seltzer.