What is your favorite four-day split?

@holythunder3 I do Push, Pull, Legs, Arms/Delts and Rest. It really helps slightly increase the volume on the chest and back on their respective day, without doing bicep/triceps when they are already knackered on compound exercises. The extra volume for chest and back warrants 4 days rest between days instead of 3 (depending on how fast you heal) but it allows you to go into each day working on your target muscles from the beginning.

@jlrodriguez Upper lower, full body, or PPL + one full body session could all be good options in my opinion. 2x per week frequency for hitting a muscle is better than 1x and you also get less DOMs

@igrace Day 1:
Chest compound 4x5-8
Back horizontal 4x8-12
Flies 4x8-12
Back vertical 4x10-15
Tricep
Bicep

Day 2:
Quad compound 4x5-8 SS with
Lateral raises 4x10-15
Hamstring exercise 5x8-12
Quad isolation 4x10-15 SS with
Facepulls 4x15-20
Calf raises

Day 3: repeat above but switch horizontal and vertical back movements and mix up chest exercise if wanted

Day 4: repeat day 2 but diff lateral raise with 15-20 and same for face pulls. Diff quad exercises and ham if wanted

@theprincess97 How much do yoy squat? It it’s more than me, I’ll shut up. Also, you have a reddit post from a year ago asking how many sets someone should do coming out of the beginner stage, so don’t act like you’re a veteran lmao.

@montanarxz Ah looking through post history now. That post was to gage what non beginners are doing for total sets. Nothing about coming out of the beginner stage. Who said anything about squats or trying to squat a lot for that matter? You’re on a body building page. Take some time to educate yourself before you get hurt. Sounds like conditioning and some fundamental review is first.

@theprincess97 Dude I’m not hurt, just asking a simple question. Supersetting lateral raises with any leg compound movement where you push yourself, I just don’t see that being an effective option, since that movement is likely going to build your legs the most out of any movement that you do. If you exhaust yourself by doing lateral raises after each set, you’ll be able to go less heavy or get less reps. Not only that, but you sure as hell won’t be doing them lateral raises like you would if you’d simply put them as a second excersise. I want to know why you think it is a good idea. that is all. And since you avoided answering my question about how heavy you go, I highly doubt you have a single clue about what you’re talking about.

@theprincess97 But why not simply put them as a second excersise? Is the little time you save by supersetting really worth losing strength on your compound movement for legs? Same logic for the lateral raises. I fail to see the logic behind this.

@jlrodriguez I like "full body", with a caveat that you don't literally work your entire body every workout. An example of this could look something like:

Day 1: Squats, seated dumbbell press, seated leg curl, dumbbell laterals, dumbbell curls

Day 2: Bench press, machine row, skullcrushers, leg extensions, standing calf raise

Day 3: RDL, etc...

I like this over a traditional upper/lower because it lets you individualize the program a lot more based on your recovery needs instead of forcing yourself into a rigid structure. Plus, if you dislike training legs, it's nice psychologically to not have an entire day dedicated to them.

@dawn16 Honestly that didn’t even cross my mind and it’s a great suggestion! It definitely wouldn’t hurt to space legs out. I do find myself less motivated on leg day than other days so that could be super useful for me. I appreciate it!

Back