What is your favorite four-day split?

@jlrodriguez My gold split is I do

day 1:chest focus and some back,

day 2: smaller leg day /shoulders

day 3:recover,

Day 4: back focus and chest,

day 5: bigger leg day and bit of shoulders

6/7 recover and maybe walking.

I usually end every workout with some arm stuff, but skip it if I’m running late or gassed af.

@theodor98 Lateral raises 20 reps x 3
Banded rear dealt 20 reps x 3
Incline bench 20, then upper weight 8-10 x 5
Super set include with pull down or weighted pull ups x 3 then seated row x 3

That’s upper done

Next day lower

Giant set x 3
Leg extensions and leg curls
Overhead triceps and then bicep curls
Box squats x 3

@jlrodriguez Push pull. I use powerblocks so front squats and split squats on push day, Bulgarian RDL and glute bridges on pull day to cover legs.

Muscle groups (not including any arm isolation) probably get hit with ~15 sets a week.

@jlrodriguez No problem. Love the way he lays out his programs and has videos for everything. I ran 531 BBB and then went to this. It’s also a great start if you want to progress into his more advanced/popular ones like Gamma Bomb and Creeping Death!

@jlrodriguez Warlock by John Meadows is the absolute best 4 day split for bodybuilding in my opinion. Anything by John Meadows is probably the best routines for bodybuilders outside of paying a coach for a custom plan!

@magorast77 I loved it for strength gains but it’s when I had a less fixed schedule for work (I was in college). It’s phenomenal for starting out, but after trying a split, I figured out that my legs take quite a bit of time to recover. So for me, I would notice my lifts decreasing in strength over the course of the week until I had two full rest days at which point my lifts would go up

It’s an awesome way of exercising. It just started to feel monotonous after a few months because I was doing the same three workouts every week (now in retrospect I would probably mix them up more).

@jlrodriguez I noticed the same thing. Have you tried alternating between deadlifts and squats every other day? They seem to complement each other pretty well. You can then put push days, upper body days or rest days in between depending on what you prefer.

Back