Where do you get your workouts from?

I've been using kettlebells since the first lockdown, but tend to cycle between the same few workouts that I have designed based on the exercises I know and have learned here. There are a couple of decent workouts on YouTube that I have found too. Does anyone have any recommendations for good workouts that I can find online, as its starting to get a bit repetitive. Thanks

@goldencrownofthorns You looking just for workouts or programming?

For either, check out Dan John.

He has plenty of stuff floating around for free (look into the Humane Burpee and the Armor Building complex).

He also has a workout generator where you can enter in the equipment you have and it will spit out a sane well-rounded workout.

You can get a 14 day trial to check it out.

@ohsosoveriegn Dude I just did my RKC with Kelly L Matthews. She’s a complete legend. She passed technique tests using the men’s weights, and smoked the 100 snatch test in 3 minutes.

Amazing coach, whatever she’s doing is worth listening to.

@ant0099 Congrats man. I did mine a few years ago. My coach at the time (John Wolf who is now the head trainer for ONNIT) passed the snatch test with 32kg. It was pretty impressive. It was a great base but I don’t care for a lot of things they subscribe to. Def a very hard cert. congrats!

@soombing What kind of hard ass does the 5 minute test with 32KG LOL. I’m gonna try it at some point just to see. I’m writing up my review of it and will post it shortly I just need my manual first which was late to arrive!!!

@goldencrownofthorns If you use double bells then Geoff Neupert writes great programs.
  • Dry Fighting Weight (free)
  • The Giant (paid)
  • Kettlebell STRONG! (paid)
He also has a bunch of random workouts or complexes on his YouTube channel if you’re looking for variety.

@goldencrownofthorns If you want to train your body, then you simply read about fitness training (strength, speed, endurance, flexibility, etc.) and movements (anatomy), and then it's common sense to use kettlebells as a tool.

The alternative is to search for specific workout plans that use nothing but kettlebells and are written for a certain level (e.g. beginner) and a certain goal (e.g. endurance or strength or getting mobile or whatever).

I am staying vague because there are countless blogs, articles, PDFs etc. floating arounf, you just need to look through the marketing bullshit and fanboys/gurus and decide, what you want: a specific plan for x? genereal knowledge? Google around a bit and come back with a more specific follow-up question, I'd say.

Back