Where to buy cute.. i feel cringe saying this.. “pump covers?”

@saintcody777 While sorting photos, my husband picked one up, circa 2001.

Where is this? Family vacation in Hawaii. Don’t you still wear that tshirt?

Yes. In my defense, clothes from the Gap used to last FOREVER.

That’d be a neat photo sorting feature. Find all photos of me in this shirt…I could do a montage of everywhere the shirt has been with me!

@gorightgirl Urban outfitters have great oversized tees and they do sales sometimes. Pac sun also has them for cheaper if you’re not looking to spend a lot. Target would be the cheapest and they have cute ones and also cringe ones. I always buy from the sale rack in size L or XL (even though I’m a small). Free people has cute ones as well but they will be more $$$. I love the brand chaser If you have an unlimited budget lol. Hope that helps!

@puddintain Gen z will wear a huge baggy tee tucked into their shorts in the back (like a size L if they’re an XS) and take it off mid workout when they work up a sweat (presumably to show off the “pump” of their muscles).

@gorightgirl The term has been a thing long before TikTok! My husband was a bodybuilder before and that was definitely just an old gym bro term 😂. A pump cover can be literally anything you wear over, so I like to wear oversized hoodies or men’s T-shirts. Gymshark and buff bunny have very cute, yet expensive pump covers, but you can literally just go to Walmart and find some sweatshirts or larger shirts you like. I like to wear my oversized athletic teddy hoodies from Victoria’s Secret!

@gorightgirl Five Below has cute tees and for cheap! Also, Tilly’s has some great sales for shirts, especially if you shop the men’s section.

Always look in the men’s sale section of stores.

Hollister even has super comfortable tees. Just buy them in larger sizes.

Look for sales!

Goodwill often has new shirts too in the men’s section. I think a lot of people donate shirts they couldn’t sell or they had extra of after an event.

TLDR: buy sales, buy in larger sizes, buy in men’s sections

Back