15 y/o Bodyweight Transformation 7 months

@dianalouise1983 That sounds great! I'm 17 years old, I started hitting the gym about a year ago but I wasn't able to keep it consistent to see real results.

I've got another question, do you take any supplements?

@dawn16 No no.. i dont see anything wrong with them though, just dont think i need them, im not very heavy so its not too hard for me to get enough protein from whole foods. Although, i do take fish oil for joint pain.. not sure if that counts ;)

@dianalouise1983
Im now a firm believer that there is no reason to "hit the gym" until you have become a master of your own bodyweight

The gym lets you progress much easier than doing body weight exercises.

Pulling up 180 lbs of my own weight on a bar is harder than starting off with 80 lbs pulldowns or something else.

@dianalouise1983 What skills can you do? What's the point of doing BWF and getting an aesthetic physique when you have no skills to show for it? You're not really much different from someone going to the gym.

@samishenouda When i started i hardly changed diet at all, didnt know how important it was.. but then i read some articles and started to slowly cut out the junk food which took a while, just by replacing a chocolate bar after school with maybe a bag of nuts or something? then i started eating post workout meals, tuna, cottage cheese etc. And now im just eating as much as i can to try put on as much mass as possible, of course not eating junk at the same time.

@dianalouise1983 Most of your routine looks nothing like this subreddit's routine. Your rep/set/rest schemes are different. You're 15. You are like the /bodyweightfitness anti-hero.

I love it. Just simple dedication over a long enough time span got you results. Good stuff man.

Back