16 Months to get a revenge body

@aspatat One thing that really helped me for my eating habits was to evaluate one meal at a time and tweak it until I found something that was both healthy (for my needs) and something I could enjoy. I started with breakfast. I have fat free yogurt mixed with chia seeds and cinnamon, topped with chopped apples, walnuts, and more cinnamon. By taking it one meal at a time I never felt overwhelmed, and I waited until I was comfortable with that one meal before I moved to the next one. Granted I’m the type of person who can have the same thing for breakfast every day and not get tired of it. I also signed up for a gym that offered a variety of classes so there was always something I wanted to do at the gym a few days a week. Lastly, just try and get into a rhythm for the first few months, when changes start happening you won’t need to convince yourself. For me I felt like nothing changed for almost 5 months, then I started seeing changes. Best of luck!

@aspatat He invited yoooou??? Get it girl. You can definitely do it. If you want to be laser focused, hire a reputable fitness trainer who is also very knowledgeable about nutrition.

@aspatat i love how real your post is!!

as you mentioned, def CICO, high protein, focus on whole foods.

incorporate as much walking as possible (low impact)

and hire a personal trainer for the strength portion.

@aspatat I just lost 30 pounds over 6 months (5’2, started at 165, now 126) after randomly downloading the Noom app - I only really kept up with the lessons and tracking my calories for the first 3 months but it really helped to switch my mindset! I also added in workouts during month 3 - slow but steady is how you are going to win the race. Don’t try to completely change your life overnight- it’s not sustainable! But small habit changes over time are. You got this!

@aspatat I want to answer your question honestly because I love the story!

If it were me. I would:
  1. Cut calories (500 a day) using an eating window of about 14-10. Including some higher cal days and a few 24 hour fasts (at least a week apart) I'd do a cut for 6 weeks from now till mid May.
  2. Enter a 5k or 10k race for the autumn. Train to a set program from the end of May. Eat maintenance calories or don't track calories, but track protein and aim for about 0.8g per lb, and have a fruit/veg per day goal. Eat whole grains and legumes every day. Lift heavy 3x a week or do serious calisthenics. If you gain visible fat then limit saturated fat (I do that anyway) and be more strict with calories.
  3. Cut again after the race, for 6 weeks. I'd run about half the volume I was before the race. Take about 20% intensity off the strength training but don't stop.
  4. Enjoy the winter holiday season however you like, go on some long runs while off work, add some weight in the gym, then when ready, do a final cut in Jan or Feb for 6 weeks. Evaluate in spring and then either maintain or do a very light diet to finish things off

@aspatat Please give us an update!!!! I’m so invested now lol. Calorie deficit is king 👑 calculate your deficit and get a food scale to make sure you’re hitting everything perfect.

I would limit eating out if you can.

Water!

Step counting! It helps so much just see what your at now and add 1000 steps every week or two till it gets challenging then stay there for a while. It can be as simple as an intentional 10 minute walk to get the extra steps in.

Try Pilates! Mari winsor her old videos are on YouTube Pilates will provide better posture which will instantly make you look more snatched plus it really strengthens your core.

@aspatat Just some motivation for you,
I myself am now F27 but I went on a weight loss journey a little over a year ago and I started at 178 lbs. I was consistently doing intermittent fasting and simply walking. ALOT. I would just head out for a 5-6 mile walk and ALWAYS hit my step goals for the day. Currently- today I am at 150lbs. I’m so excited for you and your journey! I was consistent with fasting but still ate healthy and treated myself every once in a while. I still enjoyed plenty of cookies and ice cream sparingly. I’m hoping my story will help fuel your fire!!!! IT IS SOOOOO POSSIBLE!!!! Girly I believe in you and with a lil work anything is possible. I wasn’t extremely strict on myself and I am leaps healthier mentally and physically. Best of luck to you babes💞

@aspatat Also check out r/vindicta for glow-up tips beyond fitness. In 16 months you might also have fabulous skin, straight white teeth, perfect posture, professional makeup, gorgeous hair, killer dance moves, and fascinating hobbies.

@tabbytru ok I just tried to skim through the 135 pages and i’m so confused! Is it just a super limited list of foods? I can’t even see whether it specifies the number of calories you should eat.