2.5 year calisthenics transformation from nothing

@lamnhi Fuck me you did this at 35??? I respect the amount of effort that goes into this. I try and run and do a few body weight exercises every week. The commitment to make this change, especially at your age (no offence), is mind blowing. Can't wait to see where you are in a years time

@dudeman112 Yea i started training at 33 after i lost a bunch of fat and got down to 158lbs. I was 220lbs of fatness when i turned 30. At 32 i started my diet and cardio.

@dawn16 Today ive had this since im not working.

Breakfast this morning was 2pcs ezekial sprouted grain bread, 4 whole eggs, a bunch of diced onion, 2 slices pepperjack cheese, 2 morningstar vegan breakfast patties, 10oz unflavored organic soymilk.

Post workout (4hrs after breakfast) was 1 scoop impact whey protein, 1 scoop creatine, 1 banana and 1 apple.

Couple hours later was 3/4 dry cup of steelcut oats, 2 tablespoons wheatgerm, 8oz of the same soymilk, and a protein bar with 20g protein.

Just now i finishd up eating 1 italian Tofurky sausage, probably 6 handfuls of blueberries, half of a 6oz container of blackberries, and a 1lb bag of boiled frozen spinach.

Im sure ill be hungry later and ill have a cup of greek yogurt and 2 kiwis around 9:30 or so and that will probably be it.

Edit: that looks to be 190ish grams of protein so i can probably drop the yogurt unless im real hungry.

@dawn16 Greg Doucette. He knows his shit. If you want to get big and strong you cant go wrong doing what he says. His mantra is "train harder than last time."

@lamnhi Awesome work mate, I probably look close to your before picture. I've been to the gym on and off and made progress, especially on squats(I have stick legs). This week I started a home bodyweight routine, aiming for 5 sets of about 10+ pushups, 3 sets of chinups till failure and aroung 50 bodyweight squats, every other day. On the off days I've started running outdoors, aiming for 5k in a couple of weeks.

How would you recommend bulking up legs? I take it bodyweight squats won't be enough on their own.

@georgiaboy2995 Legs need external resistance. Train them twice a week for a total weekly volume of 10-20 hard sets of whatever combination of exercises you like with heavy enough weight to get anywhere between 8-15 reps per set. Deadlifts, barbell squats, leg press, split squats, lunges, etc and any variation you find feels good and dont get injured. When you find 1-3 that you like, progressively overload them and you are gtg forever.

Im doing farmer carries, trapbar deadlifts, and bulgarian split squats, but thats just me.

@lamnhi Awesome transformation! How much weight did you gain per month? Did u consciously put effort on eating more? I'm at about 15% bodyfat trained for 4 years but still small sized, not sure if should bulk.

@brobear My weight went as high as 183 before i started to understand how to get my diet the way i wanted to look the way I wanted while still getting close to 1g/lb of protein a day. I never really counted calories that often at all, and i dont do that now, i just know about what i should be eating to get my protein and not gain excess weight. Ive ended up at 170lbs now but my weight went up and down a couple of times before figuring out my food. I never paid attention to month to month weight changes, moreso just noticing changes in vascularity in my arms and waistline, and adjusting from there. When i noticed i didnt have a visible bicep vein at rest, i knew i was eating too much and the weight i was gaining was not muscle. Recently ive been noticing my weight staying the exactly same the last couple of months but ive got more vascularity, better ab definition and muscle seperation as well as getting stronger, which means im losing fat and gaining muscle at exactly the same rate, which is exactly what i want. Eventually i will have to eat more because there will be a point at which i cant and or dont want to lose anymore fat.

@lamnhi Perhaps the better question is, did u eat more to get stronger/more energy? Or just eat according to your appetite, nothing more nothing less. And do u do deload workouts? If so, how often? Sorry for the many questions!