3 Things I learned walking 100,000 steps (48 miles!) in a single day, plus tips on long-distance walking:

@katty143 It’s not creepy like most of his books. But I read it when I was sitting down ... and even then I wanted to sit down more somehow and give my feet a rest!! The descriptions of the physical toll walking for days takes on the body are pretty vivid. But it’s an amazing book, one of my favorites by him. I’ve read it like 4 times

@toop Damn. I wish my steps would’ve been at Disney. That sounds a lot more fun! Haha. But seriously, 40k is a lot! I couldn’t imagine that in the heat of Disney World.

@katty143 "The Last Great Walk" by Wayne Curtis is a book I found on vacation last year. Apparently long distance walking used to be a competitive sport. People would bet on it, and crowds would gather to see a walker come through their town. It fell out of fashion when the automobile came around. The book also went into the science of walking. It was a good read!

@katty143 That's pretty awesome. I think the most I've done in a day was 20 miles.

The problem I have is my feet get sore and my hip starts to pop a little bit, so the pain makes me shut it down (usually after the 10 mile mark)