3 yr update - 37/M

@rkenoke Looking great man, your biceps especially look huge.

I found your post by googling "RR long-term progress pics". Staying fit in your 30s with more responsibilities is way more impressive than someone staying making noob gains in their teens and 20s.

If you don't mind the unsolicited advice, your upper chest and shoulders look a bit lacking. Which makes sense, since the RR doesn't have any incline bench (or decline pushups), overhead pressing and delt isolations.

A few questions:
  • Have you checked your 1RM on big compound movements?
  • What routine were you following at the gym before you got injured?
  • Do you think you would have progressed faster and built more muscle with a traditional bodybuilding split than with RR?
  • What are some things you'd change about the RR?

@bipolar so i’m not body building, i’m doing calisthenics. i’m not out to pack on muscle or look like any archetype. all this post is saying is that it’s been 3 years and i’m in the best shape of my life. check the post/comments and you’ll see some stats on how i started doing delt specific days and my next skill goal is hspu. these are the things i’ve grown into bc i’ve earned it after rounds of the RR. 3x’s a week was great. i’d likely change my approach to the RR progressions (mostly i’d do more negative work instead of advancing to the next profession with low reps/high effort). in regards to the 1rm, again, i don’t lift. also i don’t think the risk vs reward is worth finding out your 1rm. i’m not sure how i could have achieved this faster bc i’ve already achieved it. i tried bodybuilding and had some good results in my early 20’s but it didn’t seem sustainable. also i’ve never once seen a gym guy and wished i looked like them.

I hope you are well on your way to achieving a healthy relationship with your body and more importantly your inner world. i wish i spent less time worrying about optimising and efficiency. i encourage you to carve out your own path. make mistakes and discoveries. there are many ways to the top of the mountain top. this is just what i was able to achieve. gl

Back