6 Months update

bearring

Starting stats: 29 male 185cm 107kg

6 month stats: 95kg

Goal: 90kg

Diet: 1500 cals, cut all drinks but water and was a big diet change by substitution of unhealthy foods.

Workout: move

6 month photos:
Details: Worked my way up to doing move phase 3. I have slacked off on it in the final month though but it's because I'm fit enough to get back into skating again (one of the reasons I wanted to get back in shape), so I've been doing that 3 nights a week instead for a while.

Future: I need to find a way to fit both skating and working out in and use my hobby as cardio, to get to where I would like to be.

@pingpongdan Big diet change, i should have linked my first post at 3 months (it was on a throwaway but i forgot this time, my reddit anonymity is ruined!), but i substituted a lot of bad food, i was eating pizza, chocolate, big ass portions.

I switched to only drink water because luckily i like it anyway. Also counted calories, i aimed for 1500.

@bearring That's nice having a bottle like that, especially if it helps! I drink 10+ large glasses of water every day at the least because I have gout and it helps kidney function, but I already pretty much only drank water when I was thirsty my entire life - I'm sure it comes from upbringing, as in my house water was simply what you had to quench thirst, and sugary drinks were a treat. I still enjoy them as a treat on rare occasion, but it'd be weird for me to even reach for one when I'm actually thirsty y'know? I feel bad for people who say they don't like water.

@ahmed360 Squash water, now that's a new one to me! Interesting.

Do you think that you hate water for any particular reason? Something with upbringing? Just genuinely curious, it's such a different perspective than I know. To me it's always just been a complete neutral - something I consume because I need to, an essential part of everyday living. I enjoy drinking water (so long as it's not actually gross, from bad pipes, etc) because it's satisfying on that level, but I definitely don't go to it for taste.

@caitlincross It's weird how unpopular tea is in America. I like it sometimes, but I'm a coffee person mostly. I drink that black. The iced tea I see on store shelves here is as sugary as any soda though, which isn't great.

@bearring I am definitely guilty of being one of those people who finds it hard to drink water when I'm not working out on a typical day because it tastes "boring". I love adding a little bit of lemon to it! I know you aren't supposed to go too crazy on the lemon because of the acidity but its still something that helps me drink more of it.

@bearring Good idea. I slowed my metabolism down massively from cutting my calories too low. I weigh less now but I can eat 1500calories more than this time last year and still lose weight.

Keep up the good work