6 years on on and off ... it s*cks ... App for workout ?

@cruzhjo69 I don’t think you can take any comment and make it personal because I truly believe everyone experiences weight/muscle gain/loss completely differently. If you want to lose fat, and I don’t know your body type, you would simply have to be in a caloric deficit. Lifting is extremely important for it gives your metabolism a boost not only during, but after workouts as well since muscle burns more energy. In addition to that, yoy should work in some cardio to help the caloric deficit. Don’t do anything drastic, 200-300 caloric deficit is a nice slow loss. Amp it up to 500 for faster results, but don’t overdo it. Focus your diet on foods with good nutritional value and when you do mess up, instead of going down a hole, pat yourself on the back and take it easy and jump back in the routine. Feed your cravings with small amounts instead of avoiding foods completely in order to lessen the temptations and not make them worse. Workout wise, i’ve tried so many apps. My personal favorite was Keelo it was short and definitely hard

@cruzhjo69 You can workout even less than you mentioned if it keep keeps you consistent. I only workout twice a week doing a 30 minute workout that gave great results.

I made most of my gains doing a 100% shake diet.

@cruzhjo69 I love the peloton app to death. They have body weight classes of varying lengths as well as core classes (most are body weight), yoga, running, and HIIT cardio. It has also made my motivation irrelevant because I know I’m just going to get on the app every day and do a few classes.

@ckbelt Got the same app. I have no video loading ...

Where do you click for that ? Anyhow ... this will be in after I end my roadtrip so i’ll be back. TY

@cruzhjo69 You need to start a workout; there’s no videos in the main menu or something like that.
In each single exercise within this workout, there’s a video button in the top right and an instructions button in the top left.

@cruzhjo69 Try Body Weight Strength's Upper/Lower split plan on youtube. I've been fed up with doing full body, and recently found his videos and I like the routine so far. Depending on your rest time, these can be done rather quickly. 4 workouts total per week, 2x Upper 2x Lower.

@cruzhjo69 Keep a little workout journal. You can get one from target or dollar tree. Seeing your past workouts with exact numbers and rep counts helped me to always push 5 pounds more, and thus eventually got to deadlifting 5 plates. I had on an off times too, but remembering me being fat is motivation enough.

@siervakeylan27
Keep a little workout journal. You can get one from target or dollar tree. Seeing your past workouts with exact numbers and rep counts helped me to always push 5 pounds more, and thus eventually got to deadlifting 5 plates. I had on an off times too, but remembering me being fat is motivation enough.

tracking it ... I have a book like my childhood diary ... It jumps from week to week, then month to months haha.

@cruzhjo69 It seems like you want to lower body fat percentage while maintaining/increasing muscle. Obviously, the two components at play here are your diet and exercise so you will need to change something about how you approach both of these for the best and quickest results.

DON'T GO ON A CRASH DIET OR MAINTAIN A LARGE CALORIE DEFICIT. I see you posting about drinking liquid food in this thread. That's an unhealthy approach to dieting because it's unsustainable for the overwhelming majority of people (this means that you have a chance of hitting your target but will likely relapse to a worse position than the one you started in).

Also, if you decide you want to lose weight fast and cut out a significant portion of your daily calories (e.g. 500+), then you will undoubtedly lose muscle along with fat. Be sure to operate on 200-300 calories lower than the number a TDEE spits out and you're golden. If you feel hungry after lowering your calories, be sure to research some low calorie density meals, which means you can eat more food per calorie. Remember, the best diet is the one you can keep eating for the rest of your life.

About exercise, make sure you are eating enough protein to optimise muscle growth. I'm not a fan of HIIT; it's been marketed as a superior way of exercising, but the number of calories you burn in 10 mins is probably equivalent to a 20-30 minute walk (which is not that much if you think about it). I know doctors who tell me that it's imperative to be outside for 2+ hours every day for tens of health reasons. I'd say that it's important to walk for at least an hour a day (and you could also try running).

In terms of your other exercise, if you can only manage 30 minutes on a training day, make sure that you research no-rest training, because volume is king and you don't want your 30 mins of exercise to actually be 5 mins (similar to HIIT).

if you implement some of the stuff here (especially the diet part), I'm sure you can achieve your goals in something like a 6 month timeframe with the ability to maintain and improve on them for years to come. Good luck!

@cruzhjo69 I put on good weight after being skinny since forever, with intermittent muscle gains during months of workouts. It is mostly because i’ve been living with my parents for over a year. It was all to do with eating more and eating good quality meals.

As per exercises, i rarely did cardio based, and i saw my biggest muscle gains when i started with dumbbells ad did a basic routine for a few weeks, with a great obsession for being in the right form.

Currently as a way of reducing weight and getting abs, i am using the adidas runtastic app’s 6 week ab plan (free), and reducing carb intake. I lost my first kilo and can see basic contours of abs. It’s not too hard, but over weeks, they do have an effect.

You can definitely have more gains by making sure you eat more, and also workout a bit less calories than you eat, so that you are gaining more calories per day overall.