A 15 minutes bodyweight routine for posture and strength imbalances correction - No equipment required

@coconut23 Can someone please do a 15 minute follow along video without much explanation. Maybe some voice over. So I can just fire it up before bed and do it.

@coconut23 As someone who's career and hobbies include sitting at a desk, it's hard to compile together things like this with little knowledge myself and being a dad just leaves me with less time than I'd like for research.

Bless your soul.

@coconut23 How does one hang without equipment?

Edit: I’m a bit of a newbie, but some of these are hard to even look up. Being on mobile I wonder if these are in the side bar.

@siier Could always go outside and find a park. If you live in a relatively modern city they'll have something there for you to hang off, failing that you could use the swing frame. Just don't do it when there's loads of kids about.

@coconut23 I'm a bot, bleep, bloop. Someone has linked to this thread from another place on reddit:
[sup]If you follow any of the above links, please respect the rules of reddit and don't vote in the other threads.[/sup] [sup](Info[/sup] [sup]/[/sup] [sup]Contact)[/sup]

@dawn16 Well, the disclaimer is kind of frightening...

DISCLAIMER: This is an advanced workout with minimal instruction. DO NOT attempt this workout if you're a Foundation Training beginner and especially not if this is your first attempt at Foundation exercises. If done incorrectly, these exercises could potentially exacerbate your back pain, especially if you have a pre-existing condition, or injury.

@jake921 I do this workout 3-4 times a week and sofar it's done me only good. But i can see that it may be bad for people that have sustained injuries and/or that aren't "fit". Go by feel i would say but i am no expert.

Watchful eyes will probably notice that I did not include touch-your-toes exercises (pike stretch/hamstring stretches). There are very good reasons for that:
  • Why would you try to further compress your body when you already spend several hours a day in a compressed position? In the context of a corrective routine, you need to OPEN your body (ex: Seal stretch), not to close it
  • Why would you focus on stretching weak muscles? To protect your joints, your body will restrict your range of motion to avoid injuries as your hamstrings are weak anyway. They should primarly be strengthened, not stretched!
It does not mean that you should not perform compression exercises, which are still useful in a standard training session. They just do not fit in the context of a corrective routine for someone sitting in a chair for several hours a day

Back