Absolutely ecstatic about my progress so far!

jesussaves7763

Hey guys, been lurking here for around the last 6 months. In may last year i started my fitness journey after knocking on deaths door a few times in my short life. Was extremely unhealthy my whole life, obese kid turned obese adult, diabetes in my early 20s, that wasnt a wake up, so it went uncontrolled for a decade. For reference im 174cm and my weight was always between 120-140kg. A failed attempt at bariatric surgury in 2018 left me in an induced coma with ARDS. Made a recovery but neglected my health further, untill 2020, heart attack and triple bypass later, still i floated by for another year. My endocrinologist finaly put me on ozempic, i know folks have mixed feeling, but it was a godsend for me, even with its shitty side effects. I lost a few kg with no effort or dieting. This gave me motivation to do some excercise. Started just by doing bicep curls with a small kettle bell i had , just here n there. A few weeks later, im noticing some results in my arms so i expand my little routine slightly...this spurred me into paying attention to my diet, started cutting out junk carbs and getting proper amounts of protein keeping to around 1800cal a day. Now i cant help workout atleast 6 days a week, went from home workouts to having a solid gym routine. ive given myself enough leeway in my diet that im not starving and today i got the metrics that show my progress. 84kg ,69 of it lean mass, 15.7% body fat. Im just so fkn proud.

@jesussaves7763 That's really awesome, man.

Goes to show that when someone has a subpar routine when they start training, maybe that's not such a bad thing if it means it's little enough to keep them going at it and expanding on it over time.