Anyone done PPL once a week with success?

@dawn16 The graph is a summary from a study lol. And y'all here in this sub are still believing that hitting chest three times a week is great. Just look at the votes the guy saying "false" he got. Recovery is essential. The old school training is st*pid. More sets and more frequency are not the way to muscle growth and it is even supported by data.

@dawn16 This is my last response. I just realized people here just train with the bro science and looking at the data is supposedly useless. You're one of them too. I'm sorry, but spreading ignorance is horrible, even when it comes to body building. Imagine a beginner getting information from u or all the people who downvoted my comment. That's awful.

@entropy82 Do you have a link to the study? It would be interesting to know the training protocol of the participants in the study. It would make sense for that length of time if they were training with 15-20 hard sets of chest on day 1, but I’m very skeptical that at 5 hard sets they wouldn’t be recovered in 2-3 days.

@pinetowntree If you lift heavy, this is the way. My legs and chest spend half the week sore as hell. Of course you can do smaller muscle groups more frequently, but while things like bis and tris recover quicker, they are also slow as hell to develop.

@pinetowntree That isn't really the 'whole logic' for everyone. Many people group PPL so posterior torso can be grouped on one day, anterior the next, and then lower on a separate day for efficient programming with minimal overlap.

@namakula If we're talking about bodybuilding, I just don't think training your biceps, quads, lateral delts, chest, triceps, etc. once per week is going to be the best way to program.

There are some people who would do well training hamstrings or quads once per week, definitely. But, if your "split" doesn't allow training isolation movements on highly recoverable muscles twice per week, it's pretty limiting and bad as a training design.

Not the worst possible maybe, but most people won't succeed their best.

@amanda11 Don’t do a “split.”

Let’s say you do squats, leg extensions, calf raises, and RDLs for legs and you train MWF. Train each of those 2 days out of MWF. Either have three days with some “leg exercises” or two. Then, just do the same for every exercise you’re currently doing. It’s full body training, it will work fine and you’ll get more training effect with less junk volume.