Are there any exercise more brutal than the horse stance?

graced1257

So I’ve been doing a exercise I’ve just found out about, (found it out by watching K boges) which is called the “Horse Stance”. And it’s the most brutal exercise I have ever done. The horse stance is miles above all of the exercises I have done, (jump ropes, jogging, burpees, pull-ups etc) and it instantly summons your inner voice that tells you to stop. After each set, my legs were burning. I was down on the ground and I was thinking to give myself slack and to cut my sets in half each and everytime. I don’t know what other exercises are as or more brutal than the horse stance. Seriously, try it out.

@ladybugs4red Yeah painful as fck in the mind , not so much the body I think . When I was young I could do 20 minutes after 200 push ups and 200 tiger pushes lol . Bugger than now I'm a old man . Doesn't make you feel super relaxed after you stop it . We were chugging back the water only after Se fu told us we could lol . Was like some kind of of brutal army training . I find sucking that stomach in helps heaps and breath in and out slowly .

@graced1257 Now probably not that long since I haven't done it in like 8 years or so. But when I was training regular I would usually do 10 minutes at a time with weights in my arms. Kind of like planks, you eventually get to a point where boredom gets you faster than exhaustion.

@graced1257 We do this in yoga, and after a while it's really easy. My instructor tells us to "release any tension and holding in your muscles and allow your bones to hold you up" which I at first thought was hilarious, but now... I sink down and my muscles actually relax and I can stay there for what seems like forever, and it's helped me in other scenarios too. I went on a hike that had 500 ft of elevation in less than a mile the other day (so not super extreme, but still) and my partners quads were burning but I felt nothing. He's definitely more fit/active than I am, so HORSE STANCE FTW!

@graced1257 I know for the plank the record is really high.

"Daniel Scali shattered the previous men's world record for the longest plank after holding the position for a total of 9 hours, 30 minutes and 1 second, according to Guinness World Records. He set the record in Adelaide, Australia, on August 6, 2021."

@graced1257 I was in a martial arts school where you had to be able to hold it for a progressively longer time to progress to the next level. 5, 10, 15, then 30 minutes were the stages of progress. You can get to 5 minutes pretty quickly, but 30 minutes is no joke.

@allart Same here. It was mostly used as a punishment though. We'd also have to hold a bo staff with arms extended out in front of us without lowering it. Sometimes with a nunchaku hanging over each end of the staff.