Body transformation 4 years

@drewz For me I’m looking to lose, then maintain. I’m coming off some bad nutrition and weight lifting advice that left me tired and injured.

“Once you learn how to eat and how all of that works you can eat what you want” can you expand on that?

@the_d00d Of course, learning calories in calories out, finding the strategies and tricks that work you for, and applying them through tests you conduct on yourself are how I learned to cut and gain weight.

Stratifies such as
Chewing gum
Snacks throughout the day
Fasting
Coffee
Energy drinks

You have to find what works for you, obviously theirs a million other strategies to cut weight in your case that you could employ these are just some off the top of my head

@drewz Thanks. I was curious how balanced you make your meals, in terms of macros. I have a friend who says every meal should be balanced throughout the day, I know other people who say it doesn’t matter at all. Curious what you’ve learned.

@the_d00d Try to balance your calories and macros on more of a weekly scale than a daily one.

I find it helps a lot to make a diet feel more flexible.

If losing weight is the goal, I also found that a severe caloric deficit was more effective than a small one. It’s more motivating when the progress is faster, and there’s also a wider margin of error (in other words, if your deficit is really severe, then even if you eat a little more one day or your metabolic rate is lower than you calculated, you will still be in a pretty solid deficit.)

I’ve been at 1200-1500 calories per day for 6 months now, which includes 75g of protein from powder as well as about 40%of my calories from protein. I’ve lost 58 pounds (272-214) over 24 weeks as of yesterday, which is a little over 2lbs/week so slightly faster than doctors recommend, but I feel really great so don’t want to change anything.

The other unfortunate reality is that there will be a longish period of mild suffering from hunger, it’s worse for the first two weeks but then settles down a decent amount. Find filling foods to help feel less hungry, but really you can actually eat whatever you want as long as you’re tracking calories. I had to accept that it would be around a year of slight discomfort, and that it would be worth it.

In the end it’s not that bad, hunger is actually a lot more temporary than you think sometimes. I’ll feel a pang, but if I push through it only really lasts 5 minutes or so before I forget for a while. The toughest part is the sound my stomach makes at work, it can get pretty loud sometimes and is kind of embarrassing haha