Breaking - Roman is injured (confirmed)

@shanelg94 Based on mechanism of injury it looks like it could be a lisfranc fracture, which can cause your metatarsals (long toe bones in center of foot) to shift. It is also typically accompanied by tendon rupture/strain. It’s excruciatingly painful.

@bigred60 Me and the wife were crying like babies. So emotional. Dude has no quit, he didn't game it at all for the last Test, he just kept working. He said he did it because he wanted to be an example to his son that you don't quit no matter what happens. He's made a ton of fans this weekend, and rightfully so.

@evolvedfrommonkeys Some people in the crowd were crying or had tears in their eyes as well.

He definitely made a ton of fans today!

Will not be fittest man on earth this year, but definitely winner of hearts.

@evolvedfrommonkeys That’s not a good example to his son though. Overworking injuries is the last “right” thing to do.

This “Don’t quit, just stop thinking about the long term consequences” mentality is incredibly toxic.

@gash And in life, sometimes necessary. I’ve done a few things in life where the mentality of dying or being injured before I quit served me well. I think in general, this example is more positive than negative.

@fearey Unfortunately some people think they’re invincible and don’t care about possible long term consequences.

That’s my guess. I could be wrong.

@gash Obviously those things are being considered. Mayhem released their Vlog from the last day and all health considerations were made and he went and competed as safely as he could.

The “Don’t quit, just stop thinking about the long term consequences” were your words not mine. Common sense and difference to your team obviously still applies. He inspired a lot of people and clearly showed spirit in his actions. If you can’t see that, then i don’t know what to say to you at that point.

@lisa1971 Nooooo!

he has been so fantastic this weekend!

his heart and determination are something for all of us to behold! So bummed and sad this has happened! Already starting to cheer for him for next year!

Back