CrossFit Quarterfinals Weekend Thread

@jonjones229 Boyfriend redid workout 1 today since there were some filming issues on yesterdays video.. did a lot better today, finished the wod before the TC which was the goal.. still not a great result on the leaderboard.

Wod 2 went great, got through about half of the 6th round.. got a great result on the leaderboard on that one..

we’ll see tomorrow! I think he’s gonna do great on the row/ghd but the clean and jerks are going to be extremely difficult.. he’s just going to try to do as many as possible.. hopefully he gets at least one!

I think aim overall is improving last years result where he was in the top 200 in Latin America.. top 100/150 would be great this year. Top 30 and making it to semis is not very realistic.

@anneka Hey! I’ve definitely been found out, but it’s been fun to try some of the tests and some harder movements I don’t get to do too often

Test 1: I got through 9 of the front squats at 61kg. Enjoyed this one, I think the squats just slowed me down too much. My max front squat is only 130kg

Test 2: I did 3 full rounds and 5 reps. I was dead worried about this one cos I have been trying to do a single crossover p much every day since the games. I bought a cheap plastic rope yesterday morning and managed to string a few together!

Test 3: max clean and jerk is 120kg so I had to just do 5 burpee box jumps for time ha ha

Test 4: decided not to bother with the GHDs this year so I just did a 1k row at like 80% effort to finish off Fridays training

Doing test 5 this morning, l can do everything fairly proficiently so shouldn’t be too bad

How about you??

@tennesseegirl1993 Hey! I actually didn’t work out all of last week lmao. Work got busy af, my girl and I were looking at houses (just got an offer accepted yesterday), and I thought a week off would do me some good. Just hit the gym yesterday and boy am I feeling it today. I haven’t had a chance to hit any of the QF workouts tho :(

@jonjones229 Does anyone know why we don't have the same country/continent filter for the QF leaderboard? How are we to track how is "above the line" in terms of the various SF cuts?

@jonjones229 Wow am I bad at crossovers.

My scores for 1,3,5 will be SO far ahead of 2, but funny enough I think I’ll have enjoyed event 2 more than any other.

Brings me back to doing the open in 2014, not having ever done a DU or muscle up and getting them in the open. What a rush!

Most of us aren’t going to Semis so don’t forget to enjoy the test people, we’re pretty lucky just to get to quarter finals 👍

@jonjones229 24M/66'/157lbs

Event 2-240 reps.

I had a personal goal of getting four rounds but fell just short. 70lbs was a little heavier for a lil guy like me, but proud of my effort!

@dawn16 Hey nice job! We got the same score on 2! I’m 32M/73”/175lbs…that heavy db has to travel a long way from the floor to overhead for a taller guy like me 😅 I liked this one though!

@jonjones229 26m | 5'11'' | 186lbs

First time QF.

Workout 1 - 76 reps, tiebreak score of 11:27

I'm decently proficient at HSW and ring MU, so honestly felt good about most of the workout up until the chest facing HSPUs. Knew those would be very very difficult. Knew having to clean up the squats would be extra tiring, so tried to knock out larger sets while keeping my HR down (2 sets for 225, 3 sets for 185, then 2 big sets for 135). HSW felt good, just took my time and made sure I didn't fail on any. Ring MU did sets of 3, def was feeling it here. Then for the HSPUs ended up just going singles. I had over 3 and a half minutes for it, my shoulders were just so shot and any type of HSPU is one of my weakness'. Overall though, happy with it,

Workout 2 - 307 reps

Learned how to do crossovers about 15minutes before this workout. Definitely the limiter for me here, even looking at my scorecard the largest number I was able to link together was 16 (I was also doing singles between them, I couldn't find a rhythm to link them back to back). The 70lbs dumbbell was definitely heavy, but knowing I would need time on the rope I tried to push it and go right from the snatches to the OH lunge. I wanted 5 complete rounds but I'll take this. If you have solid crossovers, you can go super deep into this workout.

Workout 3 and 4 going down tonight. Seeing as my max c&j is about 15 pounds off the RX weight, thinking that one will go by rather quickly! Workout 4 will be fun, though.