For those of you who don’t belong to a traditional box..

@trustlove147 Been on the Linchpin private track for 3yrs now. Absolutely love it. I've moved to working out in my garage with limited equipment. Slowly adding to it though. Have a set of rings hanging from the tree out front as my pull-up bar, barbell, dumbbells, some plates & couple of other little things like abmats. Pat's programming is easy to modify to what you have. There's the normal workout, a Limited Equipment Option (pair of DBs, jump rope, pull-up bar and rings to hang from pull-up bar) and even a No Equipment Option. Watching the daily workout videos is also like getting an informal education on programming. You'll no problem scaling/adjusting workouts to meet your abilities or equipment.

@trustlove147 Given I have a lot of experience and even a fitness related college education. But I’ve trained in my garage the entire time I’ve done CrossFit.

I follow strength programs and do 2-3 metcons a week. If I’m training for a competition I ramp it up.

I keep a notebook full of WODs and pretty much rotate through the notebook and do every WOD roughly once a year. (Sometimes a WOD sucks and I never do it again 😂)

@jessicaterra Lol! I feel ya. There have been some WODs I haven’t been a fan of. My training mirrors yours in that I usually start with a couple core lifts and a WOD that follows. I’m doing about 5 WODs a week and loving it.

@afirstbornson Lol. Can confirm the funny looks as most of the people in my gym are more into bodybuilding. I train for me and me only, however, you would surprised at the amount of people who ask me what I do and the looks are usually because they’re impressed lol.

@trustlove147 I follow the Cronus fit programs. I’m in the military so those programs are perfect for that but I often times have to change the workouts slightly due to being at a commercial gym so some equipment and lack of room gets in the way

@trustlove147 My wife and I have a garage gym and we follow Pat Sherwood’s programming of CrossFit Linchpin. $10/month and it includes a BTWB subscription, daily videos of all the movements, etc.

@trustlove147 I went to a gym that did Crossfit training but didn't call it Crossfit, due to legal reasons for about 3 years. Then it broke off to a CF affiliate and I went there about 4 years. Now I'm back at a regular gym that actually has more equipment than both of those did. I just use what we used at the previous places COMPTRAIN, the free version though . The previous places used the paid version.

@san422 Nice. That is one thing, the gym I currently go to has everything I would need and more to do a lot of WODs. And I would have the benefit of using the other equipment/amentities. If my financial situation allows, I still want to join a box for the community and to compete with others.

@trustlove147 Pre covid I was at a local box, coach did all the programming, we showed up at did what they said.
Haven’t been back since covid, but we have a pretty decent garage gym. We follow street parking because it’s efficient and varied. I could* program workouts, but they wouldn’t be as varied as on street parking, would probably focus on all my strengths.

@trustlove147 I train at a gym that's decently equipped for functional fitness (rig/all the ergs/space for gymnastics etc) and follow comptrain programming. A few others there are on the same programming so we sometimes link up for the workouts.

@trustlove147 I also follow street parking. different levels depending on your equipment. The two that started it are 2 crossfit athletes. Little by little as my wife and I collected equipment we gave it a shot and love it. Been part of it for about 2 years. Can take there programs to any globo gym if they have minimal equipment.

@trustlove147 I'm currently running a 1year program from SGPT online, I had already set out to have a proper home gym in my backyard so I have most of the essentials already, it's pretty convenient and I post workouts to my social mediums etc

There are "exam" points where you basically test yourself to see your progress too and you hit the nail on the head, you can FEEL the difference when you really put your work in, whether in a team or solo

@gypsyrose That’s awesome. I definitely want to have my own gym someday. It’s amazing. You think you’re in shape until you really dive in. A lot of ‘normal’ exercise feels effortless now.

@trustlove147 Currently also doing Street parking along with 531 BBB since I like powerlifting and it's a relatively low-volume program that can be done in 30 mins. So I'll do a warm up, do my 531 lifts for the day, take a quick rest, and then knock out the street parking WOD - all in all I'm in and out of the garage gym in about an hour. SP does offer accessory programs but I like what I like.

Before Street parking I did Johnnie WOD (aka CrossFit football) which was actually great and has a really slick app with videos for the movements. But Street parking has a more active and positive community which I liked.

Like any community there are a few weirdos in the bunch but overall they're really motivating

@truebornagain I like that. 531 is a staple for many powerlifters. Has the extra conditioning have any Cary over to your lifts/strength? In my short stint with this kind of training, I do think that I’ve had some gains. Probably from the slight increase in muscle mass and mobility from the WOD/.

Back