High protein but not “healthy” tasting meal ideas?

@faithshepard I season my chicken with all kinds of different spices making it super flavorful. I also make my own marinades. Tonight I’m making Korean spicy grilled chicken. It’s 362 calories. I used soy sauce, sesame oil, gochujang, sesame seeds, garlic, brown sugar (can use honey though) to make a marinade, will grill it for dinner. I did a roasted chicken the other day and it was 435 calories with salt, cayenne, garlic, paprika, garam masala, turmeric, ginger, avocado oil marinade.

@faithshepard Big Mac burger bowls. Tons of videos online but it’s basically lettuce, tomato, onion, ground beef, cheese, pickles. The sauce is ketchup, mayo, pickle juice.

Simple Philly cheese steaks. Get some really good bread. Thin steak, mushrooms, onions, green pepper and thin sliced provolone.

Thought of another one. Garlic butter salmon with rice, cucumber and seaweed snacks. Top with sriracha mayo. You can even do this with canned tuna instead. I like to mix the fish, rice, spicy mayo and then build a perfect bite with a piece of cucumber and put it on top of the seaweed paper.

@faithshepard Found this on TikTok

Canned chicken, egg, 1/2 cup of cheese

Put all the contents in a bowl, mix it all together while shredding the chicken. Season it to your liking. Shape into patties and Put in air fryer 400 degrees, 12 mins. Flip half way through.

Lemon butter chicken thighs (or breast)

Preheat oven to 425

2 tablespoons spoons of lemon pepper seasoning, mix it with the chicken and had some minced garlic. Put seasoned chicken on baking sheet. Cut up a table spoon or 2 of butter. Bake in oven for 33 mins

Also mix cauliflower rice with regular rice to cut cals. I eat protein pancakes and waffles for breakfast. Chicken sausage w/ sugar free syrup.

@faithshepard Just transform your meals that you usually would eat into high protein meals. If you like queso- search “high protein queso recipe” (experiment with greek yogurt/cottage cheese cheese with a little American cheese or cheddar) make your own queso.

if you like pasta transform your pasta bowls into high protein bowls with no pasta. Try using egg life egg white wraps and swap those for your pasta.

Chicken can go in anything and is pure protein so the meals are endless.

Theres lots of things you can do!

Experiment. Transform. Make swaps.

@faithshepard i just make meals i already liked and sub out the most caloric parts

so if it’s pasta, i keep the sauce and do veggies instead of pasta (like a steamed egg plant with marinara and mozz or zucchini with a “healthy alfredo” bean sprouts steamed with chili oil is kind of like noodles with shrimp or something

if it’s queso i’d try to sub cottage cheese for a portion and chips with like something else crunchy (veg, rice cake, even bacon bc at least it’s protein and easy to control compared to like chips?)

try to keep the familiar flavors and seasonings and add in yogurts and cottage cheese for creamy stuff and steamed veggies for volume

recently had steamed asparagus for a “noodle” and mixed in light cream cheese and chili flakes and it was delicious creamy filling huge meal for like 160 calories with decent protein

@faithshepard I usually don't deny myself anything I like, but if I know something to be calorific I take a portion and eat a bowl of veggies on the side to fill me.

I love a good arrabiata I could eat it for days. Just add chicken for extra protein but I blend some cottage cheese and mozzarella into the sauce for protein and it's good

@faithshepard If you have an instant pot search Google for these recipes:

Southwest chicken from meaningfuleats
Buffalo Chicken from eatthegains

I like either of those in a bowl, mini bun, or wrap, you can add whatever you want like lettuce, sour cream, cheese, hot sauce or Sriracha whatever sounds good to you these are just a good base for my family to make a variety of meals.

The favorite is the buffalo chicken made into a buffalo Caesar wrap.

@faithshepard We like queso chicken bowls in our house, which touches on what you said you like. Grill/cook chicken to your taste, add in some rice, queso and all the veggie toppings your heart desires.

@faithshepard Chickpea/lentil pasta is super high protein if your stomach can tolerate it! I made a really healthy spinach pasta sauce to go with it the other day. It was spinach, cashews, basil, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper. Put it all in a blender with a bit of water until smooth and add it to the cooked pasta!

Back