high protein meals for the summer

poboh

hi guys! it is currently 35°C where i live (at 9pm lol) and i desperately need ideas on some refreshing but still high protein meals to eat when it’s this hot out! i already make chickpea salad (and other legume salad variations) and protein smoothies quite regularly, but i don’t really know what else to make. tofu/seitan/tempeh is really expensive and hard to find so i can’t really depend on it, but i’ll eat pretty much anything else besides that. thanks!

@poboh Someone was talking about making their own seitan the other day and making sandwhich “meat” with a deli slicer. Been meaning to try it.
Theres always PB sandwiches if you are just worried about getting protein.
Black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, edamame beans, etc all work great in salads, or over quinoa or rice.

Hummus, falafel are good cold

@poboh TVP in wraps, rice paper wraps or power bowls. I also add hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds to the wraps, bowls and salads. Additionally, if you have access to besan/chickpea flour, it's pretty easy to make Burmese tofu that is great in salads - especially if you flavour it with pepper, nutritional yeast, and onion and garlic powder. I don't know if you have access to soya chaap, but that's incredibly high in protein too and can be used similarly to the TVP . Peanuts can be another good source of protein (in satay, rice paper wraps and cold salads). If you're worried about calories, peanut flour can be used in some recipes and is 50% protein by weight.

@ricdavid We make chickpea pancakes for breakfast too with high protein soy milk, add protein powder / hemp seeds / pumpkin seeds. Super good and filling.

@dawn16 1 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp of plant milk
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp coconut sugar

Or something like that, if I add protein powder to a pancake mix I'll add a little additional milk til the consistency is right.

@poboh I know you said that ready-to-eat tofu, tempeh, seitan are not very available in stores near you, but hear me out.

If you meal prep a batch of this, you will have several fun options for meals. Here are a few favorites:

MEATIEST VEGAN CHICKEN TERIYAKI | How To Make Seitan From Flour

( @saylormom also check this out... sooo easy, soooo delicious!)

BOB'S RED MILL--Basic Seitan Sausages Recipe

https://www.bobsredmill.com/shop/baking-aids/vital-wheat-gluten.html

https://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes/how-to-make/basic-seitan/

30 VEGAN RECIPES FOR BODYBUILDING

https://www.theveganlink.com/resources/30-vegan-recipes-for-bodybuilding/

One of my favorites is #12: CACIO & PEPE OATS - savory dinner!

Enjoy!!

@poboh Eu compro farinha de glúten pra fazer seitan por R$50 o kg, 400 gramas da pra uns 10 dias pra mim, mas tem na shopee mais barato e acredito que em outras lojas também, ajuda muito a bater as proteínas com pouco volume 😊

@davidpl faz tempo que tô querendo comprar mesmo!! eu tava com preguiça de fazer mas tofu é um absurdo de caro e eu não aguento mais comer feijão e lentilha nesse calor kkkk

@davidpl pergunta: vc tem alguma recomendação de proteína vegana? eu comprei uma da dux mas achei horrorosa, tô em busca de outra marca que tenha uma textura melhorzinha sem ser muito cara

@poboh Eu uso da growth de chocolate e bato com banana kkkk mas recomendam bastante a best vegan e a plant lab que parece ter uma textura muito boa, mas o preço é salgadinho pra quem usa todo dia

Back