Hit a plateau - any tips/advice would be appreciated!

gelimontana143

Hi yall, first just wanted to shoutout this sub bc it has been sooo helpful. I've been lurking for a bit now and have learned a lot :)

I started my weight loss journey in mid August of this year with sw: 141 and gw: 125-127 with my current weight fluctuating between 134-136 for the past month and a half or so. My maintenance calories are ~2k, so my cal intake range is 13-1500. I have been tracking more closely by planning meals, measuring portions, logging in Noom for the past month since I felt my progress plateau. I also am moderately active by strength training 3x a week and some form of cardio (walking at an incline, jogging, walking 10k steps) 4-5x a week. Any thoughts or immediate red flags on why I hit a plateau? Any advice or tips would be helpful, thanks in advance

@gelimontana143 TBH, if you increase the amount of weight training days you do and add on 30 minutes of cardio right after your split, you don’t have to count calories as long as you stick to a high protein, whole food diet. I am finally reaching my goal body fat percentage (visible abs most of the time) and for the first time in 15 years I stopped counting calories because I know how much protein I should be getting per meal and snack, and I eat non-processed foods for the most part. I lift five days a week, heavy, and have a 30 min fast walk incline treadmill after every lift. As a person who has gone through many ED battles, counting calories was not healthy for me. I shoot for 30 g of protein per meal, and 10+ grams of protein per snack. Good luck OP, intuitive healthy eating might be a good path for you!

@gelimontana143 Yes you definitely should eat more! How tall are you? I’m 5’3” and I’m eating 1550-1650 a day and I strength train 2x and cardio 2x (but I have an office job). I would try increasing by 100-200 cals and see what happens!