How I went from 0 to 40 seconds Handstand Hold in 12 Months

@kimberlys Find out your weak link :) whether it's wrist mobility and wrist flexor strength or simply balance and coordination. If it's the former, do frog stand more. If its the latter, do freestanding headstand first (careful). It'll teach you proper alignment. But you need to grease the groove eventually meaning you need to try many handstand kick ups. Kick softly to just have enough momentum to bring you to the top.

@east81 Really impressive. How
Much did u train? I’ve been training handstand 3 months all I can do is kick up against wall then hold a banana handstand away from wall for at most 10 seconds and only sometimes other times I fall straight down.

@likellove My frequency fluctuates. I usually train one to two days of handstand a week. But when Im feeling some progress, I can train 5 days straight.

@east81 This is amazing. Definitely my goal this year to do a handstand. How often did you train? And what does your other training regimen look like?

@corrina98 Follow my Instagram! I put my workout routines there. On a weekly basis, I do rings for a day, front lever and planche dynamics for 3 threes, and legs for one day.

@east81 So I thought one of the main points of handstands was to lock everything out in a straight line. OP has hands way wider than shoulders. Isn't this fundamentally much more straining?

@neoscholasticism Holding them wide allows me to maintain a posterior pelvic tilt and very much prevented me from entering into a banana handstand. That said I understand the importance of being able to hold a handstand in all narrow, normal and wide stance

@east81 Wow. This is really inspiring and helpful, thank you! I started working towards being able to do a handstand at the start of this year, going upside down as often as possible to initially work on shoulder strength and getting used to being the other way up. Am also posting my progress on insta and have followed you, so please keep the inspiration coming 👍🏻🙃🤸🏻‍♂️

@east81 I NEEDED this post. Thanks pal. I’m embarrassingly 3 months in and still can’t hold a HS for more than 1-2 seconds. But my training is sporadic at best because of, well, life.

I will take your lessons and will try learn from them. Thanks again.