How I went from 0 to 40 seconds Handstand Hold in 12 Months

@iluvjesuschrist Bakasana

Bakāsana (Sanskrit: बकासन, Crane Pose), often used interchangeably with Kakāsana (Sanskrit: काकासन, Crow Pose) is an asana in hatha yoga. In all variations, this is an arm balancing pose in which hands are planted on the floor, shins rest upon upper arms, and feet lift up.

Bhekasana

Bhekasana (Sanskrit: भेकासन; IAST: Bhekāsana), or Frog posture is a reclining asana in hatha yoga. It is one of several poses that put the body in a shape like that of a frog: another is Mandukasana.

[sup][[/sup] [sup]PM[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]Exclude[/sup] [sup]me[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]Exclude[/sup] [sup]from[/sup] [sup]subreddit[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]FAQ[/sup] [sup]/[/sup] [sup]Information[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]Source[/sup] [sup]][/sup]
[sup]Downvote[/sup] [sup]to[/sup] [sup]remove[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]v0.28[/sup]

@east81 This is great, thanks so much for posting! My issue I always have with handstands (I can currently only do about a 5-10 second handstand if I can kick up to a wall first) is that I have a problem with (and honestly fear of) falling forward when practicing freestanding kick-ups.

How did you overcome that? I can do crow/frog or other arm balances very naturally, but that hasn’t seemed to have helped. Do you just roll out of falls? (If so, what if you’re practicing on a hard surface?)

@dawn16 I have pretty decent amount of shoulder strength and wrist mobility from what I see. I fell forward a lot so it came natural to me to know how to fall out of a handstand. Maybe u just have to try falling? I know it's scary and I have been there done that. Try falling to your side and bent your arms when you feel like you are falling. Or try kicking up gently first and increase the intensity until the momentum is just enough to bring you to the top without falling forward

@east81 Thats great, it took me maybe similar. But i can't straight arm press handstand yet. I went to l sit handstand(bent arms) - headstand push ups, now onto 6 inch deficit handstand push ups and increasing when i can do reps well.

@celionzx 6.0 inches ≈ 15.2 centimetres [sup]1 inch = 2.54cm[/sup]

[sup]I'm a bot. Downvote to remove.[/sup]

[sup]|[/sup] [sup]Info[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]PM[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]Stats[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]Opt-out[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]v.4.4.7[/sup] [sup]|[/sup]

@east81 When I go upside down the blood rushes to my head and is uncomfortable, does it get better as time goes on? Do you get used to it?